First Nights : Part 14

She eyes him skeptically, and his face drops as the memories from last year flood his mind.

Aonung- Your point?

Tsireya- Are you guys back together or something?

The Sully teens exchange looks with each other, taking in the new information.

Aonung- Why the fuck would you think that?

Her question sounds innocent, but he can tell she's targeting him.

Tsireya- I was just wonderi-

Aonung- Wondering how to piss me off?

Tsireya- No-

Aonung- What? You get mad because Neteyam shows no interest in you so you target me for it?

Tsireya- Aonung, don't be like that.

Aonung- The fuck?! Me?

Tsireya- It was just a question! From observation, alright!

Aonung- Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that. Fuckin' butthurt, sensitive ass-

Tsireya- Seriously? That's what you're doing?

He ignores her and continues to mutter insults under his breath, knowing everyone can hear him. Tsireya sighs, then gives the Sullys an apologetic look.

Tsireya- Sorry about that, guys. He just gets sensitive when I bring up his relationship with Rotxo.

Aonung- I'm still sitting right here, why the hell are you still talking about it?

Tsireya- I'm just explaining to them-

Aonung- Whatever.

Tsireya- You-

Kiri- Reya, it's fine, we get it.

They definitely get it alright. Something about that relationship brings a sour feeling, yet the two boys are still friends. Lo'ak isn't sure how to feel about this new piece of information.

He's been hooking up with Rotxo this week, and is supposed to hang out with him tomorrow, then go to what Rotxo calls an event, which he figures is some type of party.

As they continue to eat, Aonung's mood doesn't lighten, but Kiri still tries to keep a pleasant conversation going.

Once the tense luncheon ends, it's almost 3:00 so they decide it's time to head back home. They make their way down and out the entrance, coming up to their raft. They board in silence, and don't say much on the ride back.

When they reach home, Ronal and Neytiri are in the living room going through the decorations they bought. She tells the kids she'll start dinner a bit late, then continues her conversation with Neytiri.

Aonung gently hands Neteyam his bags of clothes, then goes upstairs to his room. Tsireya goes with Kiri and Tuktirey so they can enthuse about the new clothes they bought together.

When the Sully boys reach their room, Lo'ak is quick to start pulling his stuff out the bags, eyeing his things again happily.

Neteyam sits his bags down on his bed, but doesn't yet rummage through his new clothes. Instead, he pulls out the one thing he bought.

Lo'ak walks over to him, wearing one of his new necklaces, but notices the one Neteyam's holding.

Lo'ak- Wow, is that what you bought?

Neteyam- Yeah, spent most of my money on it.

Lo'ak- I didn't know you were into gold.

Neteyam- I'm not, I got it for Aonung, but he's in a bad mood now, thanks to his sister. Why would she mention something she knows upsets him?

Lo'ak- Because she was jealous, bro, you ate out of his hand. The real question is why does it upset him so much, I mean, they're friends.

Neteyam- No clue.

Lo'ak- Want me to ask Tsireya where his room is?

Neteyam- I should probably leave him be.

Lo'ak- Nonsense. He likes you.

His gaze shoots up from the necklace in his hands.

Neteyam- What? You don't know that.

Lo'ak- I had my suspicions when he literally said he bought you all that shit just to make you happy, but Tsireya sealed it when she said he hadn't been like that since his last relationship. Ergo, he likes you.

Neteyam- I think you're jumping to conclusions.

Lo'ak- If his mood changes when he talks to you, then I'm right.

He walks out of the room, going to their sisters' room to question Tsireya. He comes back after a moment, walking right up to Neteyam.

Lo'ak- Second door on the left. Have fun.

He pushes him towards the door then goes back to looking through his things.