First Days : Part 7

The forest boy suddenly hears an explosion and the sound of falling trees, then sees the enemy causing it right in front of him.

Aonung looks at the hand holding his wrist, not letting his arm move, then looks at Neteyam who's glaring at him, but somehow he's not looking him in the eyes. Tsireya peeks around her brother and at Neteyam, with worry. Ronal looks at her mate, then to Jake concerned.

Jake- Neteyam-

Lo'ak- I've got this.

Lo'ak pulls his bond from behind him, then grabs Neteyam's and connects them. The connection brings the boy out of his head and back to reality. Letting him feel Lo'ak's calm heartbeat and relaxed mood. The older boy visibly begins to relax, and his grip on Aonung's arm loosens. Ronal watches the scene with heavy concern.

Lo'ak- That's it, bro, just calm down. We're safe.

Neteyam fully releases the marine boy, then takes a deep breath, and faces his plate again. Aonung is left utterly confused, and a bit creeped out. Lo'ak gently detaches their bonds, and Tonowari turns to Jake.

Tonowari- You have to smash the shell to get to the meat. Will he react like this every time it's done?

Jake- No. I don't wanna point fingers, but I don't think your son needed to hit the crab quite that hard.

Tonowari looks at his son with a bit of irritation on his face.

Ronal- Aonung, how many times must I tell you not to take your frustration out on your food?

Tsireya rolls her eyes at the way her brother acts.

Tsireya- Every time we eat, because he has bad manners.

Aonung- Shut the fu-

Tonowari- Aonung.

His father's stern voice stops him before he starts arguing with his sister.

Tonowari- Apologize to Neteyam, and stop playing with your food.

He turns to Neteyam, and the boy isn't even looking his way. He's more focused on the crab he's about to eat, and isn't worried about addressing what just happened. Aonung, on the other hand, is mad about the feeling lingering on his wrist, and the fact that Neteyam just scared him.

Aonung- Sorry, freak.

Ronal- Aonung!

Neteyam takes a deep breath, attempting to ignore the words that were just spoken.

Aonung- What? Nobody's that jumpy, it's weird. I didn't even do anything.

Neteyam rolls his eyes with a sigh and stands from the table, then walks off towards the left wing. Lo'ak quickly looks back and hisses at Aonung, then grabs his and his brother's plates and a malet, then leaves as well.

Jake- Lo'ak, don't-

Tonowari- No, it's fine. My son is the one at fault.

Aonung- For what?

Ronal- Aonung, go to your room. We will deal with you later.

Aonung groans in annoyance, then grabs his plate and malet then leaves. Tonowari shakes his head at the rude behavior of his usually polite son.

Ronal- I apologize for my son, I don't know what's wrong with him today.

Jake- It's alright. They're just getting used to each other.

Tonowari- I'm glad you are kind, Jake, but I will still discipline my son. I would hate for your stay to be like this the whole time.

Jake and Neytiri thank their hosts, then continue to eat.

Ronal- But I must know something.

Jake looks across the table at Ronal. He knows what she's talking about. So with a sigh, he begins to explain.