Dark Days : Part 24

🚨 = Mentions of Non-Consensual Intercourse

———————————————————————

He abruptly storms off, heading upstairs. Kiri runs her hands along her face, then turns with an exhausted look and heads up the stairs to get out of her attire and go to sleep.

Aonung sighs as Neteyam still doesn't budge from his spot in front of the door. He glances at his parents, silently asking for privacy.

Jake- Just a moment.

Neteyam- Yes sir.

His parents leave together, starting up a small argument as they head around the corner. He looks into Aonung's eyes with a pitiful expression.

Aonung- Don't look at me like that, you're the one that was grinding all over some rando.

Neteyam- You go a lot further with Rotxo, do you not?

Aonung- Not by choice.

Neteyam- (scoffs) You have some choice, it's not like his little ass can force you.

Aonung- Exactly, he can't. Why do you think his brother is always with him?

Neteyam- What?

Aonung- If I don't want to, he'll either threaten me, or go ahead and hit me.

Neteyam- To make you sleep with Rotxo? What the fucking hell?

Aonung- Better than the times he used to hold me down.

Neteyam- Hold you down?

Aonung- Yeah, it's fucked up, I know.

Jake- And illegal.

They both snap their gaze towards the hall, seeing Jake walking back towards them. After a short argument, his mate sent him back out to be reasonable, but after hearing what he shouldn't have, his priorities just changed. Aonung mentally curses himself.

Neteyam- I asked for a moment with him.

Jake- So you could hide this?

Neteyam- No, but-

Jake- Give me names, I'm telling the authorities, and your father.

He storms up to the door, but Aonung turns and blocks it with Neteyam.

Aonung- Sir, please, you can't-

Jake- Tell anyone? Yeah, I bet. Move.

Aonung- No.

Jake- The last thing I wanna do is use force on you, so move yourself out the way.

Jake steps up to Aonung, hovering over him a bit, but despite his heart beginning to race, he shakes his head.

Jake- Disrespecting me in my own house is a mistake, boy.

Neteyam slides between them, pushing his father back gently.

Neteyam- He's just keeping you safe.

Jake- From some dumb ass kids? Who are they?

Neytiri- I thought you were asking them something, what's going on?

His mother walks into the room, giving his father an accusing look.

Jake- He was-

Aonung- Don't. Please. You don't know who you're dealing w-

There's a sudden knock at the door, sending a chill up the marine boy's spine.

Aonung- Shit.

Neteyam glances back at the door, then to Aonung. Jake's brows furrow as he watches the boy's reaction, and another knock sounds.

Jake- Is that them?

Neytiri- Who?

Aonung- I can't let them find me here.

Jake- They can't get you with me here, you're fine.

Neteyam- No, don't answer the door.

Jake- The lights are on, we can't just ignore them.

Neytiri- Why don't you want to answer the door? Are you boys in some trouble?

Neteyam- Uh, something like that.

Neytiri- Neteyam.

The disappointment in her tone is apparent, but he can't clear things up. There's a chance he can get his father to stay quiet, but his mother definitely wouldn't.

Neteyam- Sorry, mother.

He grabs Aonungs wrist, then looks up at his father with pleading eyes.

Neteyam- You know nothing of this, so there is nothing to tell.

With that, he pulls Aonung up the stairs and out of sight. Jake glances at his mate, but she's looking just as expectant as him. With a sigh, he finally opens the door, revealing Rotxo and his brother. The younger boy flashes a fake smile, feigning innocence.

Rotxo- Hello, Mr. Sully.

Jake- What can I do for you?

Rotxo- Is Aonung still here?

Jake- No, I sent him home. It's not a good time for company.

Rotxo- Ah, of course. Well, have a nice night.

Jake- Mhm.

The two boys head back to their raft, and Jake closes the door. Neytiri peaks from the side of the window, watching as they pull off.

Neytiri- They're gone.

Jake- We're clear, Neteyam.