Dark Nights : Part 1

The alarm clock goes off, immediately waking the older Sully boy. He's been anticipating this Monday all weekend, since the events of Friday left him feeling determined to deal with a certain short boy that's been an endless pain in his side.

His arms lift up above his head as he stretches under his comforter. He leans up, uncovering himself and turns to let his legs hang off the bed.

The clock continues to go off, and his brother finally stirs. Unlike him, Lo'ak has been dreading going back to school. With a groan, he pops out from his covers and climbs out of his bed to turn the alarm off. But, rather than begin their morning routine, he goes right back into his bed, making Neteyam shake his head.

He walks over to Lo'ak's bed, and sits on the edge, uncovering him again. Lo'ak glances at him, then curls up even more, snuggling his head into the pillow.

Lo'ak- Bro, leave me be. I don't wanna go.

Neteyam merely chuckles at his whining.

Neteyam- I'm sorry, but you have to.

Lo'ak- No. I can't.

Neteyam- Lo'ak-

Lo'ak- After all those things I said to Aonung, he'll kill me on sight.

Neteyam rolls his eyes, but rubs his brother's head to comfort him.

Neteyam- He's not gonna kill you.

Lo'ak- He probably hates my guts.

Neteyam- You're exaggerating. He knows you were just upset.

Lo'ak abruptly sits up with a sudden gasp, making Neteyam pull his hand back.

Lo'ak- He's gonna get Rotxo and his family to deal with me, and then they're gonna leave my body at the bottom of the stream.

Neteyam- Lo-

He gasps again, and grabs onto Neteyam's arm.

Lo'ak- They know where we live . . . I gotta hide!

Neteyam bursts into laughter, making his brother frown at him.

Lo'ak- Bro, I'm serious!

The added whining only amuses him more, but when Lo'ak rolls his eyes because he isn't taking him seriously, he calms himself.

Neteyam- Lo'ak, none of that is gonna happen.

Lo'ak- But-

Neteyam- Listen to me. The last thing Aonung wants to do is team up with that troublesome family. All you need to do is just apologize and I'm sure you'll be forgiven.

Lo'ak- How can I? He's always with Rotxo.

Neteyam- Then we'll just focus on our plan to out that little creep, and once Aonung is free, that'll be apology enough. So for now, just focus on Niráli, okay?

Lo'ak- Okay.

With that, the brothers finally begin their morning routine, but lose the race to their sisters once again. Though, Neteyam definitely didn't expect to win after having to take time to coax Lo'ak out of bed, so it didn't come as a surprise.

Once the teens are dropped at school, Kiri is quick to ditch her brothers when she spots Faygo entering the building. She runs up to him, and he immediately starts asking if she and her brothers are doing well, since they left him with a bit of a scare. Neteyam shakes his head with a smirk, and Lo'ak just smiles at the sight.

Lo'ak- Their kids are gonna be so damn cute.

Neteyam- Do you know if she even wants kids?

Lo'ak- Of course she wants kids.

Neteyam- Right, just so you can become Uncle Lo'ak.

Lo'ak- It's Uncle Lo, thank you.

He chuckles as they both enter the building. They gain some looks, likely the affect of their flashy appearance at the dance. Either that or their dramatic exit, which wasn't seen by many since most were having fun.

A few girls walk by and wave at Lo'ak with smiles and a flirtatious "hey". He smiles back at them with a wink, making them giggle as they continue to walk next to him. Until a certain girl with a reputation walks towards them.

Niráli comes up to Lo'ak, her sparkling eyeshadow immediately catching their attention, and both boy's stop as he greets her.

Lo'ak- Hey.

Niráli- Hey, you doing okay? How're your hands?

Lo'ak- They're fine, and I'm alright.

Niráli- That's good. You scared me, you know.

Lo'ak- Sorry. I won't do it again.

Niráli- I hope not.

She looks at the few girls still lingering near him, and holds her chin up a bit.

Niráli- Excuse us.

The girls stand aside as she positions herself next to Lo'ak, and holds onto his arm as they proceed to head to the cafeteria. Lo'ak glances at his brother with a grin as Niráli proudly hangs on his arm.

They gain many more looks, but she sashays and acts as if the people around them aren't even there. Once they reach the cafeteria, the looks increase, and Lo'ak puts on a smug face, loving the attention.

Neteyam smirks at his brother, knowing he's enjoying this, but his smirk fades once he sees their friends at a different table. Pike is there, as usual, and so is Yar, but so are Xenji, Zanin, and the boy he was least expecting to see; Aonung.