First Nights : Part 30

The next morning, the teens are taken off to school, but Aonung isn't with them. Apparently he took himself, not bothering to notify anyone. Neteyam and Lo'ak find it strange, but Kiri and Tsireya don't give it a second thought.

Tsireya is just enjoying her last time riding to school with them, well, minus Neteyam.

When they enter the building, and head into the cafeteria, Tsireya and Kiri split from them as usual, going to hang out with Tsireya's friends, and a few of Kiri's as well. Including the Gen 1 kid, Faygo, who has an obvious crush on Kiri but she never acknowledges his feelings.

After Neteyam and Lo'ak go through the line, they instinctively head towards the table of Aonung and his friends, as they've been doing, but stop in their tracks once they reach it.

Rotxo is happily placed on Aonung's lap, practically force feeding him some of his food, and kissing him every now and then. Zanin and Xenji are there, but are acting as if that isn't happening next to them, they're only talking to each other. What's worse, Haeda is now eating at the table.

Neteyam can feel his anger rising. Aonung's behavior last night now makes sense.

The way he got Rotxo to leave Lo'ak alone was to go back to him. It's obvious he isn't happy, with an expression so void of any emotion.

When Rotxo notices them, he smiles arrogantly at Neteyam as he holds Aonung's face in his hand.

Rotxo- Looking for this, guppy?

Neteyam nearly hisses, but Lo'ak connects their bonds just in time to calm him and not start anything. Leaving it for just a few seconds before disconnecting.

Rotxo- That's too bad, huh.

Xenji gives Neteyam a sorrowful look, since he saw firsthand how close he was getting to Aonung. But he already said he isn't getting involved this time, so he turns his attention back to Zanin.

Before Rotxo can rile them up more, Pike suddenly shows up from behind, and guides them in another direction to sit elsewhere.

He takes them to a smaller table he chose that's some distance away, but still leaves Rotxo and the others in sight.

Neteyam sits his tray down and pushes it aside, no longer having an appetite. Lo'ak is upset as well, but he isn't capable of not having an appetite so he still eats.

With his hands balled into fists, Neteyam looks up at Aonung's wild-haired friend with a dead serious face.

Neteyam- Talk.