First Nights : Part 27

Meanwhile, Aonung is out on his skimwing, speeding through highways heading straight for Rotxo's family property. It's just outside the reef, so he takes every shortcut he knows to save time.

The reflections of lights off the tall skyscrapers blur past him as he zooms in a fit of rage. He almost misses his turn, being all up in his head about this situation, but still makes it.

He heads down the long stream lined with expensive houses, then ends up on the private property that belongs to Rotxo's family.

The house isn't as ridiculously big as his own, but it's worth far more. He used to admire the place when he first started hanging with Rotxo, but now all he sees is the dirty money they bought it with.

He pulls up to the sidewalk, hopping off his skimwing, and storming up to the double doors. He practically bangs onto it, knowing Rotxo's parents are likely out, since they're hardly ever home, leaving Rotxo and his siblings to do whatever they want.

The doors open, and there stands a woman with the side of her head shaved, and a bored look on her face. Siercí, Rotxo's big sister who graduated last year.

She takes one look at him, blowing a bubble in her gum and popping it. Then she turns and sashays off calling Rotxo.

Aonung walks in, closing the doors behind him.

Siercí- Rotxo! Hello?! Get your skxawng ass down here!

After yelling at him again, she plops onto the couch of the living room placed in the center of the house. Against a wall, Rotxo comes down the staircase.

Rotxo- What the fuck are you calling me for?

She points towards Aonung who hasn't walked any further than in front of the doors. Rotxo's annoyed frown turns to a smirk upon seeing him. He begins to stroll cockily over to him.

Rotxo- Hate to break it to you, but you're late for the event. Appreciate the effort though.

Aonung- That's not what I'm here for.

Rotxo- Oh? Then what brings you here?

He grabs the shorter boy's throat and slams him against the front doors, fed up with his act.

Aonung- You know exactly why I'm here!

Rotxo- Do I?

He snarls, tightening his grip.

Siercí- Can you guys fuck upstairs this time? I'm tryin' to chill down here.

She's ignored. And seeing that they aren't paying her a bit of attention she lazily stands and goes upstairs, stopping Haeda from going down for his sake.

Rotxo- Grip's getting pretty tight there. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're trying to hurt me.

Aonung only glares at his never ending smirk.

Rotxo- But that can't be. After all, you did take a vow.

His grip subconsciously loosens as he remembers the vow he made to himself.

Rotxo- There you go. Just take it easy, Akula, I don't wanna end up sleeping with the fishes like the last guy.

The horrid memory surfaces in his mind, and he releases Rotxo's neck. But he's still far from calm.

Aonung- I told you not to mess with Lo'ak.

Rotxo- Well if you weren't so busy kissing Neteyam's ass, you would've seen that I didn't listen to you.

Aonung- The only reason you aren't beat to shit is because Lo'ak was manipulated by you and kept this from his brother.

Rotxo- Well, you said you'd refuse to help me this time, so I had to handle things myself.

Aonung- You could've just listened.

Rotxo- Yeah, I could have, but what was in it for me?

Aonung- Not getting your ass killed.