Dark Days : Part 22

Outside of the party area, Yar and Neteyam have made their way into a storage room in the back. Upon entering, their lips reconnect as if a magnet's pulling them together.

The place is cluttered, but they don't stray far from the door before Yar lifts Neteyam up by his thighs, pinning him into a wall of large taped boxes, devouring each other's mouths.

The impact of his body being pinned against the boxes causes a metal pole leaning on them to suddenly fall, smashing onto the floor with a painfully loud noise. It only startles Yar, causing him to pull back and look, but he's utterly terrified by the scream suddenly coming from Neteyam.

He completely freezes as the screaming boy starts crying and squeezing him with his grasp while wrapping his legs completely around him. Neteyam's head buries further into the side of his neck as he holds onto him, sobbing.

His eyes are blown wide as his heart pounds, terrified by this exaggerated reaction to a pole hitting the floor. He kneels to the floor, attempting to sit Neteyam down, but the boy won't let him go, so he simply rubs his back for comfort.

Yar- Neteyam, you're okay. It's just a pole that fell. Did it really hurt your ears or something?

He checks the boy's ears but without answers there's no way for him to know if his ears are fine or not.

Yar- Neteyam, please. You gotta tell me what's wrong, I don't know what to do.

He rubs the sobbing boy's head in an attempt to comfort him.

Yar- Please calm down. You're okay, I promise.

The door suddenly bursts open and Yar quickly turns to see who just came in.

Aonung runs right up to them, ignoring his urge to beat this boy to death, and pries Neteyam off of him. He lifts him into his own arms, and Neteyam instinctively holds onto him as he rushes out into the hall.

Leaving Yar alone in that room, afraid to follow because of the way Aonung looked at him.

Ignoring the looks he gains, he quickly locates Lo'ak and Kiri in the main room, running up to them with Neteyam still having a fit. Kiri's eyes widen, filling with shock and worry, and Lo'ak finally looks at something other than the floor.

Kiri- What the hell happened?

Lo'ak- He was with Yar.

Kiri- Who the fuck is Yar?

From a distance, Haeda taps Rotxo's shoulder, drawing his attention to his missing date now standing with Neteyam in his arms.

Kiri- What the fuck, Lo'ak?!

Lo'ak- How was I supposed to know he'd do that?!

Kiri- That is literally what he does, how did you not see it coming?!

Aonung- Stop arguing and fix this already!

Lo'ak sighs heavily, attempting to calm himself down so he can help his brother calm down. He stands from his chair, holding out his bond, then grabs Neteyam's, putting them together. He closes his eyes, but can't slow his heart rate and Neteyam doesn't stop for even a second.

He gently pulls their bonds apart, then turns and kicks his chair over.

Kiri- Lo'ak, he's still crying.

Lo'ak- Thank you, captain obvious, I hadn't noticed!

Kiri- Why didn't it work?!

Lo'ak- Because I'm pissed off, dumbass!

Kiri- Then what are we supposed to do?!

Aonung- We take him home! Damn, use your brains!

He storms off towards the entrance. Lo'ak groans, kicking another chair before he follows. Kiri takes a shaky breath, filled with worry, and gives Faygo a weak goodbye before following after Lo'ak.

Both Faygo and Niráli look at each other, then see Yar coming towards them from afar. The Sullys have officially left them completely and utterly stunned.