First Days : Part 22

Outside the classroom, Aonung roams the halls for the missing forest boy. He has searched the whole downstairs without a sign of him. Until he approaches the stair room and sees the missing boy come out of it.

Lo'ak jumps at the sight of Aonung, who suddenly rushes towards him.

Aonung- Where the hell have you been?

Lo'ak- Uh, I was just-

He watches Lo'ak look around nervously, stuttering. The stairway doors open again, and out walks Rotxo. One look at him tells Aonung exactly what's going on. He glares at his shorter friend and lets out a breath.

Rotxo- Don't be like that, we were just about to have some fun.

Aonung- Like you haven't started already.

He looks at Lo'ak, and the boy straightens up his hair, then starts fiddling with his fingers while Aonung gives him a look he doesn't know the meaning of.

Aonung- You can't just disappear like that.

Lo'ak- My bad.

Rotxo- Don't make him feel like he did something wrong.

Aonung- Shut the hell up.

Rotxo crosses his arms, pouting a bit.

Aonung- Go to class now and I won't tell your brother what you were up to.

Lo'ak- Where?

He points down the hall towards the classroom.

Aonung- That one. You'll see the others in there.

Lo'ak starts fast-walking towards the room, and Aonung glares at Rotxo once again. He merely rolls his eyes in return.

Rotxo- It's not like you didn't already know what I was gonna do.

He grabs the shorter boy's bond and drags him back into the stair room, slamming his back against the wall.

Aonung- I'll tell you this once more. Set your sights on someone else.

Rotxo- But he's such a catch.

Aonung- He's not from here, and he doesn't know who you are.

Rotxo- Exactly. He won't feel like he's obligated, it's all of his free will.

He pulls the boy forward, roughly, with a tight grip around his neck, making Rotxo smirk.

Aonung- Don't bring him into this, Rotxo.

Rotxo- Why not? Don't want your new guppies getting lost in the deep?

Aonung- They aren't even in the loop.

Rotxo- They're swimming with you, that qualifies.

Aonung- Then I'll get them away from me as soon as possible.

Rotxo- I wouldn't do that if I were you.

He grabs Aonung's wrist and pulls his hand from his neck. When he reaches towards his face, Aonung takes a step back.

Rotxo- Now you're rejecting me?

With a sigh, Aonung steps forward, allowing Rotxo to pull his face down to him. Leaning in as far as he can without contact, then pulling back.

Rotxo- Hmm, ya know what? I don't think I want you right now. You aren't innocent enough.

He pushes Aonung away, and walks over to the door, then looks back.

Rotxo- See you at my next event? You've been avoiding them.

Aonung- I'll think about it.

Rotxo- You better. Let's not forget who's in charge here.

He exits the room, leaving his ominous tone ringing in Aonung's ears.