Dark Days : Part 17

As they descend the stairs, Lo'ak simultaneously puts his shades on. Neytiri starts taking pictures, and he poses, while Neteyam smiles bashfully. Jake chuckles as he goes to open the door, revealing the limousine waiting in the stream for them.

He still can't believe he let them rent it with his money. At the cost it was to rent the raft and the chauffeurs, he would've preferred if they bought it instead, since the prices aren't too far apart.

The two boys walk up to the door, stopping to face their parents once more before leaving.

Jake- Lo'ak, don't dance so hard you break something, and I'm not referring to yourself.

Lo'ak- It's not breakdancing if I don't though.

Jake- Lo'ak.

Lo'ak- Fine, I'll be safe.

Jake- Neteyam, I don't want you dancing at all.

Neteyam- Wait what?

Lo'ak- Since when?

Jake- Since I found out what it is you do.

Lo'ak bursts into laughter. His brother has never been one for romance as they have, but he's no stranger on the dance floor. He's been up close and personal with others in a way that would make their father have a heart attack.

Neteyam- But, I don't-

Jake- Hands to yourself, mouth to yourself, do not let your crotch come in contact with anyone's ass. Y'know what, keep your whole body to yourself. You understand?

Neteyam- (sighs) Yes sir.

Lo'ak- (giggles)

Neteyam- Shut the fuck up, Lo.

Neytiri- Neteyam, be a gentleman tonight.

Neteyam- Yes, mother.

Neytiri- And have fun.

Neteyam- Mhm.

He quickly turns, dragging Lo'ak and his laughter outside and to the limo in the stream. Once they're in the slick leather seats, their ride pulls off.

Lo'ak- Bro, this shit is so nice.

Neteyam- Did it really have to be this big, though?

Lo'ak- Uh yeah. Now we can take the girls out for a ride.

Neteyam- Girls?

Lo'ak- She's bound to have friends, and they'll be all over me once your attention is taken by their ringleader.

Neteyam- Seriously?

Lo'ak- Yeah, perks of being the wingman.

He shakes his head with a smile, then watches the city lights brighten as the sky darkens on their way to the lot the party is held on. Lo'ak turns on their theme music, turning it up louder than it needs to be, because he says it'll bring more attention.

When they arrive at the lot in front of the huge building with bright laser lights on the outside, and booming from the basses inside, there's a line of rafts dropping off the fancily dressed teens.

As they pull up closer to the drop off, their loud music immediately gains the attention of many students. Some even stop and watch as they hop off and onto the sidewalk.

As he and his brother discussed, or what Lo'ak begged for, they do what Lo'ak likes to call the "money walk". Walking as if they feel entitled to everything, with their heads held high like a celebrity. To Neteyam's surprise, many girls seem to like the arrogant appearance.