First Nights : Part 5

Soon, they reach home. Neytiri's Ilu is swimming around the front, signifying that she's home from work.

She's a waitress at a fine restaurant. The place is busier in the evening, but she only works the first half of the day so she's off in time to retrieve Tuktirey from school. The chauffeurs could do it, but Tuktiery's school is closer to her job, so she takes it upon herself.

Ronal is a housewife, so she has no paying job, but her life isn't without its own errands.

As the teens make their way up to the door, a butler lets them in. Ronal comes up to her children with a wide smile.

Ronal- Welcome home, darlings.

She kisses Tsireya's forehead, making the girl smile. Then she goes to Aonung, who really isn't feeling his mother's smothering affection at the moment, but he leans down to receive her kiss anyway.

Ronal- Why so down?

Aonung- I'm alright, mother.

Ronal- If you say so.

She turns to the Sully kids.

Ronal- How are your courses coming along?

Kiri- Pretty great actually.

Lo'ak- I'll be the Ilu master soon.

Kiri- Yeah right.

Ronal laughs at the ridiculous boy, then turns to his brother.

Ronal- And you?

Neteyam- Good.

She hums in response. She likes to include the Sullys into her motherly routine, and the others are very open. Neteyam mostly keeps to himself, and only gives her short answers, but she never expected him to be just like his sibling so she doesn't mind.

For the most part, everyone has adapted well to the lifestyle of a shared household. Personally, Ronal prefers to have more people within such a large space. It fills in the emptiness, and feels less lonely.

Before the Sullys arrived, her children would spend most of their time in their rooms, or just somewhere out of Ronal's sight.

It's half the reason she decided she wanted a third child.

But since having the Sully family around, there's always someone for her to run into and momentarily converse with, and her children aren't closed up somewhere out of her sight anymore.

They often spend time with the Sully kids in the living room, or snack together in the dining room.

With a happy sigh, Ronal heads into the kitchen, thinking of what she'll make for dinner. Aonung goes upstairs to his room, while Tsireya goes with Kiri to greet Tuktirey.

They pass by their parents' room, but Neytiri has the door closed, so they'll greet her later.