Dark Nights : Part 12

The officer's eyes widen a bit, then he glances over to a strong looking woman who was watching them. She tilts her head to the right, then walks that way towards a door that leads to the back. Kyro quickly ushers him back there as well, to discuss things. Kyro's partner follows them, as he's told to.

They go down a hall, and to an office. There, the woman sits behind a desk.

As Neteyam sits in a chair in front of it, Kyro's partner closes the door. He looks around the place, then at the nameplate on the desk; Chief Ha'cyura.

Ha'cyura- What information could a kid like you possibly have on insurgents such as these?

Neteyam- Their identities.

Ha'cyura- Are you pulling my leg?

Neteyam- No, and I'm not just a kid. I'm a soldier.

She squints a bit, not appreciating the authority in his tone.

Ha'cyura- Okay then, soldier, got proof?

Neteyam- Mhm, two of them are in school with me.

Ha'cyura- In school?

Neteyam- Yeah, and they do more than just steal.

The chief exchanges a look with Kyro, then leans forward on her desk, clasping her hands together.

Ha'cyura- Like what?

Neteyam- Endangerment, harassment, abuse, need I say more?

Ha'cyura- And you've witnessed this, firsthand?

Neteyam- Some of it, but I know who's been a victim to all of it.

Ha'cyura- You better not be lying about this.

Neteyam- I'm not. Soldier's honor.

Ha'cyura- Alright.

She pulls out a clipboard and pen, writing down his accusations.

Ha'cyura- Tell me names, and everything else you know.

He does as asked, telling everything he knows, even mentioning the traffic accident Yar once told him about that involved Rotxo and Haeda's father. After getting all the information, the chief rummages through past traffic incidents and finds more than one involving the very same man.

With the family identified, and location targeted, Ha'cyura stands ready to spring her officers into action. She heads to the door, thanking Neteyam and telling him to stay put, but he stands and follows them.

She turns around, hovering over him.

Ha'cyura- Kid, this isn't your problem anymore, go sit and wait for us to handle it.

Neteyam- No, you need my help.

Ha'cyura- Your help? I am the Chief.

Neteyam- And I am a soldier, with more experience than even you.

Kyro- He has a point.

She snarls at the man, making him stand back, and his partner hides behind him, making him roll his eyes.

Neteyam- You haven't been able to even find out their identities, let alone catch them. But I know many tricks to corner elusive enemies like this.

Ha'cyura- Look, it's my job to keep you-

Neteyam- Safe? If I wanted to stay safe I wouldn't have come to you.

Kyro- Again, he has a point.

Ha'cyura- Officer, so help me . . .

Kyro- Sorry, Chief.

Neteyam- Listen to me. If you want to catch them, you need to do things my way, I have a plan.

Ha'cyura- (sighs) You aren't gonna let me go without, are you?

Neteyam- Depends. You guys can either come with, or I'll just handle it myself. Your choice.

She mulls it over, but ultimately decides to go with the option she thinks is safest for him; To lend him the officers he needs for this plan he has. When said officers are suddenly being given orders by a teen, they're confused to say the least, but do as instructed.