First Days : Part 25

His verbal attempt fails, so he caves and decides to wake him physically. He begins by poking the boy's face a few times, and also calling his name, which fails. Quickly, he grows frustrated and simply smacks Aonung in the face, making his eyes open almost immediately.

Aonung begins to sit himself up with a yawn, and looks around, taking in the dim surroundings.

Aonung- It's time already? Man that was a good nap.

Neteyam- You're gonna be up all night, after sleeping that long.

Aonung- Yeah, but staying up never hurt anyone. By the way, did you just slap me?

Neteyam- How else was I gonna wake you?

Neteyam stands up, dismissing the topic, and Aonung stands and leads him out of the bathroom with no further comments. Casually, they walk up to the doors of the Gen 1 Ilu pool room.

Neteyam- How are we supposed to get in?

Aonung pushes the, unlocked, doors open and smirks back at Neteyam.

Aonung- You know how doors work, don't you, forest boy?

Neteyam- You're hilarious.

Neteyam rolls his eyes while Aonung chuckles at himself as they walk in.

Neteyam- Why didn't they lock the doors?

Aonung- Because the whole campus is locked on the outside. And believe me when I tell you, it's impossible to get in, undetected.

Neteyam- So how are we supposed to get out?

He points up to the ceiling, and they both look up at the large roof window.

Aonung- Only way through it is from the ladder inside, and from there we just have to find a way down.

Neteyam- Sounds easy enough.

The sky is dim, and the clouds are a deep grey, both signs of coming rain. Aonung walks over to the pool of Ilu, sitting on the edge, while Neteyam's concerned gaze remains on the ceiling.

Neteyam- When does your storming season begin?

Aonung- Around this time of the year. It's a bit late this year though, but I think those clouds up there might be the start of it.

Neteyam- Then let's hurry up before the sky falls out.

He watches Neteyam hurriedly walk over to him.

Aonung- Don't wanna get caught in the rain, huh?

Neteyam- Yeah, that.

Aonung slides into the water and Neteyam sits on the edge, dipping his legs in. An Ilu swims up to him, and he rubs its snout.

Aonung- I'm surprised you didn't bring your brother.

Neteyam- I left him to cover for me.

Neteyam cautiously slides into the water, and greets the Ilu. He glances up at the window before climbing onto the creature, making the bond.

Aonung- You seem better than before, moving calmer instead of like something's out to get you.

Neteyam- I want to get this done before it starts storming.

Aonung- One rushed session isn't gonna do you any good.

Neteyam- Lo'ak and Kiri caught on just fine.

Aonung- They aren't the ones that have a serious problem with water.

Neteyam- Are you saying I can't do it?

Aonung- No, that's not-Look, you just need more time. Kind of like younger kids, who need patience.

Neteyam- I'm not a damn kid.

Aonung- I know, but what I'm saying is you need to take your time, don't rush. I'll be patient.

Neteyam- Fuck your patience, I can handle this.