Dark Days : Part 6

Neteyam rolls his eyes in annoyance. Lo'ak's blabbering is the reason Pike already knows of his feelings for Aonung.

Yar- Daaaaamn, I should've seen that coming.

Neteyam- Yeah, well you're a dumbass and you didn't.

Yar- Easy, man, that's fine. You don't have to like her, you just have to get her to like you.

Lo'ak- Oh, that's easy then, ladies love Neteyam. Ain't that right, sexy boy?

He pats Neteyam's back heavily, unaware that his brother is two seconds from slapping him again.

Neteyam- Just tell me what to do.

Yar- Well, you're gonna need to be more flashy than that, for one.

Neteyam- No, that draws too much attention.

Yar- That's the point. She's not gonna give you a second glance if you walk up to her in your usual clothes.

Pike suddenly slams his hands on the table with a gasp, making them each flinch.

Pike- The E.O.S dance!

Yar- Oh yeah! That's way better than trying it on a regular school day.

Lo'ak- The what dance?

Pike- The End of Season dance, a really big event hosted each year. It's in a few weeks.

Yar- It's the perfect time for you to show out. Show up lookin' flashy as hell and you'll definitely get her attention.

Lo'ak- Where is this chick anyway?

Yar discreetly points towards the girl walking back to her table from the trash can.

Her head is held high, and her long curly hair bounces as she sashays strongly. She's a bit tall, like Kiri, and her eyes are relaxed, revealing her sparkling eyeshadow. She's dressed in shimmering pink and silver attire, looking high class.

Lo'ak- Damn, she looks like a model. Too bad she's a bitch.

Pike- She's not a bitch, Lo'ak, so don't mistreat her.

Lo'ak- Whatever.

Yar- Her name is Niráli by the way. Remember that.

Lo'ak- Noted.

Neteyam- She looks hard to please.

Yar- Don't worry, just make sure you look your best and flirt like a fuck boy.

Neteyam- What?

Yar- Hey, girls like that. They just don't like the personality that usually comes with it. But as long as you're polite once she's talking to you, you're good.

Lo'ak- What else do we need to know?

Yar- Why do you need to know?

Lo'ak- I'm the wingman. So tell.

Yar- Here.

He pulls the bag from his shoulder and takes out a thick magazine, handing it to Lo'ak.

Lo'ak- Bro, look at this stuff.

Its theme is the dance itself, baiting teens like them so they'll spend their money on the many expensive things within the magazine. Lo'ak flips a few pages and sees Skimwings pulling a long sleek black raft, labeled a limousine.

Lo'ak- Holy shit that looks cool. We gotta get one of those.

Neteyam- We can't afford it, look at that price.

Lo'ak- Just ask Dad for more allowance.

Neteyam- You know he's not gonna do that.

Lo'ak- He will if it's for you.

Neteyam- Try it if you want then.

Lo'ak- Oh I definitely will.