Dark Days : Part 15

It's currently the evening of the End of Season dance, and the Sully teens are preparing themselves. Jake, Neytiri, and the youngest are all waiting in the living room, waiting to take pictures.

The first to descend the stairs is Kiri. Her hair is curled, and her attire is coral with jewels and a few bedazzled shells, embracing some Metkayinan style. The neckpiece of her dress is thin, and the top crosses over her chest, leaving a cutout for her stomach, then draping around her legs with a split on the side.

Neytiri stands happily and takes the camera from Jake, taking the pictures herself as Kiri rolls her eyes playfully but poses anyway.

Tuktirey- I can't wait till I'm in highschool.

Kiri- Better be ready to take the bad with the good, Tuk.

Tuktirey- If I get to dress like that, I'll take whatever.

They share a laugh, then hear a knock on the door, which makes Neytiri give Jake a knowing look. Jake sighs, knowing Kiri's date is here.

Neytiri answers the door, and Faygo greets her kindly. His bow tie, top, and loincloth are the same coral color as Kiri's attire, minus the many jewels, but there are some sparkling shells, to make sure he looks like he even belongs next to her.

Her mother stands off to the side as Jake walks up to the door with her, wearing a mug on his face to intimidate her date. She steps outside the door, and stands next to Faygo, facing her parents.

Kiri- Don't look at him like that, he's a good kid.

Jake- Grind on my daughter and I swear I'll kill you.

Neytiri stifles a laugh as Kiri rolls her eyes.

Kiri- Dad, seriously-

Jake- Don't "Dad seriously" me, I've seen you dance. You shake your ass too much.

Kiri- At least I don't dance like I'm riding a d-

Neytiri- Kiri!

Kiri- Well, I'm just saying, he should talk to Neteyam, not me. All he does is grind.

Jake- My precious boy can do no wrong, stop that.

Kiri- Whatever you say. Let's go, Fay.

Faygo- Nice meeting you sir, and you too ma'am.

Jake- I meant what I said, kid.

Faygo leads Kiri over to a cute little raft for two, decorated in shells to match them. He offers his hand, helping her in, and she waves to her parents once they're seated and pulling off. Neytiri waves, then closes the door while Jake steps out the way.

She turns to him with a playful smile.

Neytiri- What did you think?

Jake- Seems polite. If Kiri likes him then you know he's easy to boss around.

She laughs, and he turns and leans on the back of the couch, crossing his arms.

Jake- Hey, uh, does Neteyam really dance like that?

Neytiri- Yes. Like an Ikran in heat. That's how Kiri describes it.

Jake- Wow . . . Music is like a drug to these kids, I swear. It does some weird shit to 'em.

Neytiri- (laughs)

Jake- I'm serious. Now I gotta tell him not to do that, to protect someone else's daughter.

She continues to laugh at him like he's a standup comedian, and he squints at her, not finding anything funny at all.