Dark Nights : Part 2

He looks over at the table he would normally be at, only seeing Rotxo and Haeda there with a few unfamiliar guys. When he looks back at what's now his table, the boys there are looking their way, likely because of the girl on Lo'ak's arm, but Aonung's eyes lock with his.

As they walk up to the table, Lo'ak hangs back a bit, unsure of how to face Aonung. He wasn't expecting him to be waiting at their table, nobody was.

Niráli looks at the nervousness showing on his face, and senses the atmosphere at their table, figuring it's time for her to take her leave and allow them to sort out whatever it is they've got going on.

Niráli- I'll catch you at lunch, alright?

Lo'ak- Okay. See you later.

She releases his arm and goes off to join her friends, and Lo'ak goes to his seat while his brother has Aonung's attention. He greets Aonung's friends briefly, before looking back at his brother, who has pure shock on his face.

Neteyam just stands and looks at Aonung, who's anticipating what he'll say, but he isn't sure what to make of what's in front of him.

Neteyam- What is this?

Aonung- Uh, my return.

Neteyam- Return?

He glances at Pike, who smiles at him with a nod.

Aonung- Yeah. Rotxo and I are done.

Lo'ak- Wait, seriously?

Aonung looks at Lo'ak with a smile and nods, making his face light up.

Lo'ak- Holy shit! That's great!

They're friends laugh at his enthusiastic reaction.

Lo'ak- Wait, does that mean the whole Niráli plan is off?

Yar- You thought she was just some stuck up bitch before, aren't you glad?

Lo'ak- W-Well, uh, I may have misjudged her.

Pike- Mhm.

Yar- Don't worry, you can still date her if she'll have you.

Lo'ak- Yes!

He throws his arms up it the air, making the others laugh, then he looks back at Aonung.

Lo'ak- Oh, by the way. About what I said Friday night-

Aonung- It's okay, Lo'ak.

Lo'ak- Really?

Aonung- Hell yeah, 'cause we're free! We don't have to deal with any of Rotxo's shit anymore.

Lo'ak smiles widley, along with their friends, but Neteyam is still in a bit of shock and disbelief. Aonung turns to him, a smile still on his face, showing how obviously ecstatic he is about this.

Neteyam- So, he just let you go?

Aonung- (nods) He got really pissed after I helped you, and didn't feel like dealing with it anymore.

He feels a little skeptical of this story's convenience, but it doesn't look like he's lying. He looks at Lo'ak, who smiles at him and nods, encouraging him to let himself believe it instead of suspecting things.

Neteyam- You're sure he's done with you?

Aonung- I'm certain.

Neteyam- And this isn't some twisted trick?

Aonung chuckles softly at his skepticism.

Aonung- No. It's the truth.

He looks down to think. It's too good to be true, but that must be the case, because Aonung is right here in front of him saying it's so.

Aonung- You know what this means.

He looks back up at the smirk on Aonung's face, still afraid to believe it.

Aonung- I'm yours. That is, if you still want me.

Aonung glances back at Yar, making him smile nervously, which Neteyam finds amusing. When Aonung faces him again, taking a step forward, he feels his heart flutter just a bit.

Aonung- Do you?

He nods, in place of the words that are trapped in his throat, and Aonung leans forward, holding a hand under his chin, and placing a sweet kiss on his lips. Their friends watch with smiles, feeling happy for the two.

When Aonung pulls away and grabs his hand, turning to pull him to a seat. Neteyam takes a step, but suddenly tightens his grip on Aonung's hand, and yanks him back, making him turn around. He releases his hand and grasps the sides of the marine boy's face, pulling him into a deeper kiss that leaves him wide eyed.

His friends begin to cheer and laugh, and Aonung holds onto his waist and enjoys himself, not even realizing how easily he just let Neteyam take the lead. He typically makes a point not to do that.

Yar smirks and shakes his head a bit, knowing this is exactly what Neteyam wanted.

He cuts their little session short, since there's eyes on them, then smiles widely at the boy that's now completely his. Aonung takes in the pure happiness on his face, then looks around at some of the people watching them in a bit of awe, since they know he was just with Rotxo.

Aonung- Yeah soak it up, I'm with the forest boy now, so none of you are allowed to touch him! Understand?!

Neteyam laughs as some of them nod, heeding his warning, unaware that he wouldn't actually do anything to them. As they take their place at the table, Aonung looks directly at Yar.

Aonung- That means you too.

Yar- Don't worry, I know my place. I'm the rebound if things don't work out.

Aonung snarls at him, making everyone laugh, including Yar himself.

Yar- On another note. Lo'ak, I forgot to ask how you became the one with Nirali's attention.

Xenji- Yeah I need to know that.

Zanin- For real. I tried her before and she was not interested.

Pike- Can you blame her?

Zanin- Hey.

Pike- Not my fault you act the way you do.

Zanin- Act like what? What does he have that I don't?

Lo'ak- I'm just cooler than you.

Zanin- No fuckin' way.

Lo'ak- Yes fuckin' way. I wooed her with my dance moves.

Xenji- Ah, that explains it. Zanin can't dance to save his life.

Zanin- Hey!

Aonung- True, he has no rhythm.

They laugh as Zanin crosses his arms and glares at them.