First Days : Part 1

After what seems like endless flying, the Sully family finally approach their new home. Awa'atlu, the biggest Metkayina city there is, and the only one set completely on water. Just looking at it makes Neteyam miss the forest already. Especially when they enter the city, and he looks down at the roads that are streams of water instead of land like the view he's used to.

In the forest, there are land roads, and sky roads. Since he flies his Ikran instead of riding a Direhorse, he's used to looking down at the dirt roads between trees.

From the backs of their Ikran, each family member observes the new setting. Tuktirey finds the sight quite beautiful, as does Kiri. Both of them looking in awe while flying through the tall shiny skyscrapers that make the city's reflection reach miles off. Lo'ak waves at his own reflection on a building, forgetting there are people on the other side watching him.

They continue to glide far above the many waterway roads filled with Na'vi riding Ilu and Skimwings, taking it all in. From the tallest buildings to the smallest houses. The fast paced highways to the slim backstreets. The entire city is breathtaking to them. Though Neteyam can hardly see its beauty past the endless amounts of deep water.

Jake leads them to what's considered the most beautiful part of the city, the Reef. Placed in the middle of the city. Fast paced, but still safe. Unlike the outskirts of the city where dangerous creatures sometimes find their way into the streams.

Soon they find themselves approaching a large platform in a clearing of shallow water, with Na'vi waiting there for them, and the clan leader himself. The area seems to look somewhat like a park.

Jake lands, followed by Neytiri and their youngest, Neteyam, Kiri, then Lo'ak. While the others step onto the platform, gathering their luggage from their Ikran, the eldest son stops to observe the amount of water surrounding them. There are Na'vi standing in it, with the water just above their waists.

His father calls to him, and he looks at everyone who has already gotten their things, and already said their goodbyes to their Ikran. He quickly hops off of his and grabs his luggage. A medium sized bag he slings over his shoulder.

Once everyone is ready, they send their Ikran away. Watching the creatures fly off, probably going to the nearest forest. Which begins at a mountain just past the ocean that surrounds Awa'atlu.

Each of them will have to form a bond with a sea creature as one of the first steps to becoming a Metkayina citizen. But for now, Tonowari already has transportation for them, knowing they must be tired.

After greeting each other with a respectful gesture, Neteyam doing it halfheartedly, the chief leads the family to the edge of the platform. There's a passenger raft strapped to two Skimwings. It's similar to the carriages some use back in their forest home.

Lo'ak excitedly steps right on, followed by Kiri. Tuktirey attempts to do the same, but her mother is quick to grab her and carry the girl on, only sitting her down once she's secure on the raft. Jake beckons his oldest son onto the raft after climbing on with ease.

Neteyam cautiously makes his way on, then his father nods at Tonowari who is riding one of the Skimwings. The raft jerks as they pull off quickly, and head straight for the fast paced stream leading to the highway.

The kids watch as other Na'vi zoom past them, causing sprinkles of water to splash towards them. The siblings giggle at the sprinkles of water, while their big bro merely wipes it off in silent annoyance. After riding the highway for a time, they turn off the main stream, onto a calmer and slower street.

The slower pace allows them to take in the view of the residential areas. The houses here have so far been much larger than those in the forest. Because of all the trees and surrounding wildlife, the buildings in the old home were a bit smaller.

As the Omaticaya kids look around in wonder, the Metkayina people on the sidewalks stare with bias. Neteyam observes the other Na'vi with a glare, until his father taps his shoulder and shakes his head. To that, the uncomfortable boy just avoids looking up at the people altogether.

Soon, they make their way out of the residential housing and onto private property, and head through a long empty stream. When they reach the end, there's a circular platform they ride around. Once on the other side, a modern mansion is revealed.