Dark Days : Part 8

Later, once dinner is served, Neteyam finds himself rushing. He suddenly feels so eager to get going. Once he's done, he heads right out and calls his Skimwing. He climbs on, making the bond, then zooms down the stream. At this point, being fully aware of himself, he can tell just how much he's missed the marine boy.

They may not have talked about anything but the task at hand during their classes, but he was still glad to be talking to him at all. With his absence, Neteyam felt a little alone, and missed him. He hates that he feels this way, but there's nothing he can do about it, except feed the urge.

Kiri has taken Tuktirey and gone to their house to visit Tsireya multiple times, and has also gone on her own. Neytiri would take them and also visit Ronal at the same time.

Both Ronal and her mate have visited on days off while they were at school. The only ones that haven't gone back to see them since Neteyam moved in with his family are him and his brother.

As he goes down the stream that leads to their private property, he starts to feel nervous. Not only about seeing Aonung, but seeing the boy's parents as well. Ronal took good care of him, but when he left he was so fed up with Aonung he forgot to thank her.

As he pulls around the circular platform, his heart races a bit. He hops off his skimwing and onto the sidewalk. The guards recognize him and one opens the door for him as he goes up the stairs.

When he walks in, Ronal looks at him from the kitchen. He can see her large baby bump from where he stands. She smiles, genuinely happy to see him, and walks his way.

Ronal- Neteyam, how have you been?

Neteyam- I've been fine. I know it's really late, but I forgot to thank you for allowing me to stay here an extra week before.

She's pleasantly surprised by how much he's saying to her.

Ronal- You're always welcome to stay here, dear.

Neteyam- Thank you. How have you been?

He glances down at her stomach and she chuckles a bit.

Ronal- Due next month, but if this baby is anything like Aonung it'll come a bit sooner.

The two laugh softly as she caresses her stomach, thinking of how happy she'll be when it's born.

Ronal- So, are you here for Aonung?

Neteyam- Yes, actually. May I see him?

Ronal- Of course. I force fed him breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so his strength is up again.

Neteyam- Damn. I mean, uh-.

She laughs at his response, knowing what she did would come as a surprise to anyone. When she told Tonowari, the look on his face was enough to keep her laughing forever.

Ronal- It's alright. You should've seen Tonowari's reaction, it was priceless.

Neteyam- (chuckles) I bet it was.

Ronal- Okay, I won't keep you. Go on upstairs, he's in his room.

Neteyam- Thank you.