First Nights : Part 22

After leaving, he makes his way down to the pool room. There, he finds Aonung already in the water.

As he floats with his head above the surface, he pulls the bind from his hair, letting it spread as he dives under again. Neteyam strolls over to the side of the pool, silently, just watching the marine boy enjoy himself, unaware of his presence.

He kneels at the edge of the deep end, looking into the water and seeing Aonung do another one of his tricks. The thought of asking him to teach him to do it comes to mind, but he figures he should focus on just diving for now.

He walks back over to the shallow side, and kneels to slide his legs in. The floor of the pool is cool to the touch.

He goes to the edge of the shallow end, then allows himself to float into the intermediate section. Before he goes any further, Aonung resurfaces and makes his way over to him.

His braids are out, so he has to slide his hair from his marine face to clear his vision.

Aonung- Trying to sneak up on me?

Neteyam- The thought had crossed my mind.

Aonung- (chuckles) Ready to tackle the deep end?

His hair is suddenly slapped onto his face, blinding him for a second before he removes it. Neteyam only smirks a bit, stifling a small laugh.

Aonung- What was that for?

Neteyam- Nothing. Just felt like doing that.

It was indeed for nothing. Nothing more than the fact that he just felt like touching the boy's hair.

Aonung- You're fuckin' weird sometimes, baby Teyam.

Neteyam- Don't make me get violent too.

Aonung laughs for a short moment, then grabs Neteyams hands underwater.

Aonung- Here we go.

He takes in a breath and sinks under. Neteyam mimics him, and lets him pull him slowly, guiding him. With Aonung facing him as they go deeper, Neteyam almost doesn't notice, since he's been staring directly into Aonung's eyes the whole time.

Aonung is glad something is distracting the boy, especially since that something is him yet again.

After reaching the end, they resurface for a breath. Then dive again, with Aonung guiding Neteyam the opposite way, into the intermediate zone, surfacing once again. They repeat the action a few times, then go back and forth with only one breath.

Neteyam is able to remain calm, which makes Aonung proud.

But even as they continue calmly, and there's no visible discomfort on Neteyam's face, Aonung feels his hands being squeezed a bit. He pays close attention to the blue boy he's facing, making sure he's still fine.