Dark Nights : Part 20

As the hour goes on, their friends begin to show up. Niráli, then Pike, followed by her friends Quin and Tifa, then Xenji, Yar, and Zanin. They all converse around the table. Though Niráli has always specifically come around them for Lo'ak, she also finds their company enjoyable, plus her friends love hanging around the fun boys.

A little after 3:00, the head of the school, Crystalia, finally arrives. With everyone seated and quiet, she gives them a small speech filled with praise for making it, and congratulates them once again. She also lets them know that dinner will be served a quarter till 6, then concludes her announcement and lets the DJ start the music for them to dance and have fun until then.

She takes her leave, and the students cheer loudly, many of them rushing onto the dance floor.

Zanin- Hell yeah! We're free men, bro!

Xenji- Let's turn the fuck up!

Niráli- I second that. Let's get it, girls!

Quin- Hell yeah!

Tifa- Dance with us, Yar.

Yar- (chuckles) Okay, I'm coming.

Pike- Come on, Zanin, I'll teach you some things.

Zanin- Like I need it.

Xenji- No you definitely do.

Each of them laugh as they stand from the table to go dance, but Aonung remains in his seat. Neteyam stops and looks at him with his head tilted a bit.

Neteyam- Aren't you coming?

Aonung- No, I'm good here.

Neteyam- You don't wanna dance?

Xenji- Oh, right. He doesn't dance anymore.

Zanin- Yup.

Neteyam- Why?

Aonung gives them a threatening look, daring them to mention a word of it.

Xenji- Look, all I'll say is. It was our first E.O.S dance, he got laid, then got caught, and he hasn't danced since.

Neteyam- Because he was caught?

Xenji- Well-

Aonung- Don't. You've said enough.

Zanin- It's Neteyam, bro. You're dating, don't you think you sh-

Aonung- No, I don't

He crosses his arms and slouches a bit in his seat.

Aonung- Now go on, have fun.

Neteyam- You really aren't gonna dance with me?

Aonung- No, I'm gonna sit here while you leave with the assholes that call themselves my friends.

Neteyam- Aonung, you're being dramatic. Is Lo'ak rubbing off on you?

Aonung- I'm not being dramatic, I just don't dance.

Neteyam- But you used to.

Aonung- It's out of my system.

Zanin- Just give up, he's not gonna move.