First Days : Part 12

The bell rings, letting everyone know it's time for the first course of the day. Zanin and Xenji quickly hop up to leave together. Neither of them want to be the guy Aonung asks for help with his "babysitting". They don't know it, but he would never consider asking those troublemakers for help anyway.

Tsireya walks happily up to their table with Kiri, and everyone looks to Aonung.

Aonung- Gen 1 courses are easy, it's made for beginners. I'm only gonna spend one day walking you through it, then it's onto Gen 2 tomorrow.

Tsireya- One day? I'll be in Gen 1 for the whole year.

Aonung- I don't have that kind of time.

Lo'ak- That isn't fair.

Kiri- Lo'ak and I only have to make it to Gen 2, I think we can spend more time in Gen 1 before having to move on.

Lo'ak- Yeah, after we make it to Gen 2 we'll be out of your hands.

Tsireya- Let me help them. I'm Gen 1 anyway, so it won't be interfering with anything.

Aonung thinks about it for a moment. They make a very good point that he overlooked. Neteyam is the one that needs to learn faster, not his siblings. He'll just need to focus his attention mainly on the oldest.

Aonung- Alright, Lo'ak and Kiri will spend this week in Gen 1 with you.

Lo'ak and Kiri smile at each other.

Aonung- Neteyam, I'm giving you a day, two at most, to pick up the basics.

He hums in response.

Aonung- Tsireya, take them to the Gen 1 Ilu pool with you, I'll be there in a bit.

Tsireya excitedly leads the Sullys out of the cafeteria, enthusing about the first course. Lo'ak and Kiri are equally enthused. Neteyam, not so much.

While the others leave, Aonung walks to the other side of the table to face Rotxo. He looks up at Aonung, sensing that his friend has something on his mind.

Rotxo- Need any help?

Aonung- I don't think so today, since I'll have Tsireya. Maybe tomorrow, but that's not what I wanted to talk about.

Rotxo observes Aonung's concerned face, then rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

Rotxo- Is this about Lo'ak?

Aonung- Set your sights on someone else.

Rotxo- Why are you interfering?

Aonung- Because I don't want you to use him of all people.

Rotxo- Why? You don't even like him.

Aonung- You don't want to hurt him.

Rotxo- You say that like I'd do it on purpose.

Aonung- Listen. Something isn't right with Neteyam. I feel like he'd borderline kill somebody for hurting his brother.

Rotxo- (scoffs) Are you serious?

Aonung- Yes.

Rotxo- You want me to stop, because you are afraid of his big brother?

Aonung- I'm not afraid of him, it's just-

Rotxo- I have a big brother of my own, he can't touch me.

Aonung- Rotxo-

Rotxo- Besides, you don't know Lo'ak, he could be into it.

Aonung- Rotxo, listen.

Aonung grips his short friend by the shoulders, and he looks up at him with an annoyed expression.

Aonung- I'm just warning you, alright.

Rotxo- I'm not the one who needs it.

Aonung- If you end up in trouble because of this . . . I'm not helping you.

Rotxo uncrosses his arms and pushes Aonung off of him.

Rotxo- I don't need that either.

He walks off, dismissing himself from the conversation. Leaving Aonung standing there frustrated with the shorter boy's bad habit; Rejecting every genuine form of care that comes his way.