First Days : Part 18

Interrupting his thoughts is a certain Metkayina boy sitting right next to him, which startles him a bit. He faces the boy, then a small smile appears on his face.

Lo'ak- Oh hey, Rotxo.

Rotxo looks at Aonung in the distance, then back to Lo'ak.

Rotxo- Don't let it bother you.

Lo'ak- You saw that?

Rotxo- Yeah. What exactly were you guys talking about?

Lo'ak- Helping my brother out. He seemed on board one moment, then the next he just flipped out on me and said he didn't care.

Rotxo- That was fast.

Lo'ak- What was?

Rotxo- Gaining your trust. Why were you willing to give it to him so easily? You don't like him.

Lo'ak- Because he's just like Tsireya said. A jerk, with no manners, but in the end he's kind.

Rotxo- Hmm. How is Aonung kind? He isn't nice to you at all.

Lo'ak- I mean yeah he's mean to us, and rude, and probably wants us out of his life, but he's been with us all day. He didn't have to let us sit with you guys this morning, he honestly didn't have to stay in each course with us either, but he did.

Rotxo- Because his father asked him to guide you guys.

Lo'ak- Yeah, guide us, not walk with us every step of the way. Teachers guide, by telling you or showing you what to do and having you do it yourself. Aonung, he acted like he at least gave a little shit about us.

Rotxo smirks with a small chuckle, puzzling Lo'ak. They were in the middle of a debate, so what could be funny?

Lo'ak- What?

Rotxo- I was testing you. You really do see who he is, you're smarter than I thought.

Lo'ak- So I'm actually right and it's not just all in my head?

Rotxo- . . . Still a skxawng I see . . . He does care though.

Lo'ak- Then why the hell did he flip out on me?

Rotxo- Because he doesn't want to.

Lo'ak- Why?

He pauses, remembering a few relatively recent events, but shakes the thoughts away with a shrug.

Rotxo- Beats me.

Lo'ak- Oh come on. Aren't you like his best friend?

Rotxo- Yeah, doesn't mean I know everything though. Nor does it mean I'm willing to tell.

Lo'ak- Not my business huh.

Rotxo- Mhm, but it could be, for a price, if you're really interested.

Lo'ak feels the boys hand slide onto his thigh.

Lo'ak- Are you hitting on me, or is that my head?

Rotxo- (chuckles) No, I'm definitely flirting with you right now. You're so cute. So, you interested in my offer?

Lo'ak- It seems kinda wrong to do this for something in return.

Rotxo- Hey, you give me what I want, and I'll tell you whatever you wanna know. Or, you could go without the information. Either way I'm down, but what about you?

Lo'ak takes a moment to think. His main focus was on helping his brother, is he really concerned about breaking down the bricks of Aonung's personality? It could be beneficial to Neteyam. It could also help him make sure he's not leaving his brother to someone he shouldn't.

Plus, he's never had someone come onto him so strongly before, and he likes the attention.

Lo'ak- I'll take the information.

Rotxo- Great. Meet me in the left staircase after the bell rings.

Lo'ak- Wait, what about the fourth course?

Rotxo- We're skipping.

Lo'ak- Don't I need to learn these things though?

Rotxo- I already know them, I'll teach you. It'll be another reward, if you're good.

Lo'ak- O-oh okay.

Rotxo walks off with a satisfied look, and Lo'ak sits there mentally preparing himself for what he just agreed to. First day, and he's already got a hookup. In a way, he's pretty proud of himself. But in the distance, someone else is disappointed.

Pike watched him through the decision he just made, that, in his eyes, is a mistake.