Suffering Part 2

As the two got dressed again in preparation to go back to the castle, Severus watched her carefully. “I think that dress might be too much. I can almost see your complete chest,” he told her blankly.

 I can almost see your complete chest,” he told her blankly

 Y/N looked down and back up rolling her eyes at his words. “It’s easier to feed them when the neckline is open like this. I cannot just take my breasts off because they are eye-catching right now,” she huffed. 

“I’m trying to be patient with your little mood swings but it will soon run out. When we get back to the castle, you will go and change. Do I make myself perfectly clear?” he said with an annoyed blink. “I got it,” she huffed, as she walked out of the bedroom back downstairs. 

Severus gave the woman a look of daggers as they went to pick up the twins to take them back to the castle. He had already taken their bags as well as their pets back to their chambers.

 “I suggest you be very careful, Princess,” he warned her as they each stood with a baby in front of the fireplace. 

She stood silently holding Stevie while Severus grabbed her arm roughly, apparating them back to their chambers at hogwarts. The babies barely made a sound as they completed their first jump. 

Y/N laid the baby down in her bassinet and went into the closet to look for something else to wear. “I’m taking the girls to visit Minerva. You may stay here and fix your attitude,” Severus announced from the bedroom.

 “I need to feed them soon,” she huffed from the closet while trying to find something else to wear.

 “I’m aware of your schedule,” he replied as he loaded the girls into the stroller. Y/N came out of the closet, asking, “Am I sufficiently covered? Is your majesty pleased now?” she sassed. 

“What has gotten into you today? Do you think because we are back at the castle you don’t have to act appropriately? You are going to kneel on the carpet until I get back,” he hissed back at her. 

“Fucking bastard,” she spat back at him as she went and knelt where he told her. “On second thought, you may sit there for the rest of the day,” he sneered before leaving their chambers in a huff. 

Y/N decided she wasn’t going to stand for it today. She was about to blatantly disobey him. She got up from the carpet and followed him out into the hallway.

 “Wait, I’m coming with you,” she smirked as she caught up with him

 “Wait, I’m coming with you,” she smirked as she caught up with him. “You’ll regret this decision. I promise, Princess,” he whispered. “What will you do to me, Headmaster?” she chuckled softly, unaffected by his words. 

Severus leaned down next to her ear, “I’m going to use my belt on your ass until you can’t sit down any longer,” he said in a dead serious tone. 

Y/N immediately regretted her decision to be an absolute brat this afternoon. “Ok,” is all she replied. She knew apologizing wouldn’t get her out of this situation anyways. 

S: Aren’t you going to plead with me and apologize?

Y: It won’t do any good. I’ll just take it. 

S: I hate when you make me do things like this. If you would just listen instead of acting like an insufferable brat.

Y: I’ll go back and wait on you.

S: The fuck you will. You are going to come with me and act appropriately. You’re not leaving my sight now.

The two had a lovely visit with Professor McGonagoll. She was thrilled to finally see the beautiful Snape twins. “I never thought I’d see the day, Severus as a father,” Minerva grinned as she held Stevie.

 “These are just the first. The Headmaster wants a whole bunch more,” Y/N chuckled softly. Severus huffed and rolled his eyes as if it wasn’t true. 

After they visited for a bit, the two finally made it back to their chambers just in time. The girls started crying to be fed as soon as they arrived. 

Y/N started taking her top off and laid back on the bed, waiting for Severus to bring her the freshly changed babies

“I feel even less like myself than usual,” Y/N admitted as she laid back with her eyes closed, letting the girls feed.

 Severus crawled onto the bed next to her, kissing her on the top of the head, “I know, Princess. It’s just tough right now. It will get better, I promise,” he replied. 

Tears were forming in her eyes, “What if it doesn’t? What if I never feel good? Perhaps this is just me. No matter how much I love you and the girls, it doesn’t fill me up. I still feel empty,” she replied shakily. “I will set your therapy up again,” he sighed. 

“I’m not going anymore. It doesn’t help,” she announced. Severus let out a moan of displeasure, “What is the alternative? You sit and destroy yourself? It isn’t up for discussion,” he replied. 

“I’m suffering all the time. Whether I look happy or not, it is still inside me. A sad emptiness that I cannot quantify,” she replied blankly. 

“You will feel better soon. You always come back up, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now,” he said reassuringly. 

Y/N sat quietly while the girls fed, having nothing else to say. Severus placed them both back into their bassinets while Y/N put her top back on and crawled under the blankets.

 The tears she had been holding in started streaming down her face, one after another. A loud crack of thunder was heard above the castle as she cried. Pouring rain pounded against the windows as she laid there. 

Severus got back in bed, wrapping his arms around her, rocking her gently back and forth while she cried. “It’s ok, Princess. Let it out,” he whispered while he held her.