Spring Break Part 6

Author Notes: Sorry these have been so short. Struggling with inspiration.

After breakfast two got ready, with the girls and went to the solicitor's office. The solicitor was going to handle all of the details regarding the sale of the cottage, noting that it would probably sell quickly. 

“I need to go there tomorrow and get my things I suppose. Part of me is a little sad about doing this, even though I know it needs to be done. I keep telling myself that my grandfather isn't in the house. He lives in the memories we made together,” Y/N announced solemnly as they walked down the sidewalk. 

“It might take you a couple of days. I know you haven’t even been in the master bedroom. Perhaps it would make you feel better to get some pictures or something sentimental to keep,” Severus suggested.

 “Yes, I agree. I would like to find his pocket watch for Baron. Perhaps a few meaningful things for the girls as well. Ugh I have to stop talking about him,” she said, wiping her eyes. “I love you, Princess,” he smiled softly down at her as they walked. “I love you too, Daddy,” she replied. 

A few moments later they arrived at one of Y/N’s favorite places, the bookstore. Severus held the door as Y/N pushed the pram inside. 

“Children's section first,” she announced. “We have nothing to read to the girls yet. I don't think they could wrap their minds around Alice in Wonderland or Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Something like Curious George Goes to the Zoo,” she added. “Who is curious George?” Severus asked with a raised eyebrow.

 “Oh, just a cheeky little monkey. He loves mischief. I take it your mother didn’t read you man muggle children's books,” she replied.

 “You would be correct in that. I started on novels my mother had laying around the house,” Severus replied. 

Y/N’s eyes got wide, “That explains so much. You skipped one of the best genres of literature, children's books. Oh, we are getting this. I have to hear you narrate this one,” she said. 

She had picked up a copy of Dr. Seuss’ “Green Eggs and Ham.” Severus took the book, thumbing through it, giving her a little chuckle. ”Very well,” he replied.

 “Why don’t you look around for some you want to read to them? I will pick out some I know are good. We can see whose books they like better,” she suggested.

 “Is everything a competition?” he asked her with a raised eyebrow. She gave him a little smirk, “You’re just as guilty. You love pointing out when you’re right about something,” she replied. “Pftt, very well,” he said before walking down the aisle to look for more. 

He came back a few minutes later with several books. “Do I have to be in the room when you read that one?” she chuckled. 

She was pointing to a copy of “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Margery Williams. “I flipped through it. Though it may be a little sad, I believe it will be good,” he replied. “A classic for sure. You did good, Daddy” she replied.

“You should try to get your Alfie’s Adventure book published. I think people would love it to be honest,” Severus announced.

 “I briefly considered that but I’m so mad at that cat. Perhaps, I’ll work on a different one where Sam is the main character,” she replied. 

The man agreed, “It’s about time she got her own book,” he said cheekily. 

“I’ll make her small at the beginning of the book and with each page she gets fatter and fatter,” Y/N giggled. “She is perfectly healthy,” the man huffed.

 “We shall see if she’s perfect enough to take the prize on Saturday. I’m rooting for you both,” Y/N smirked up at him as they went to pay for the books. 

Y/N stood admiring the man as he paid for the books, studying all of the curves of his face. 

Y: My Daddy is so handsome. 

S: Are you trying to get something else, Princess?

Y: I want to make love to you.

The two started walking towards the door, Y/N pushing the pram. They ducked in an alleyway near the bookstore and apparated back to the house. Severus leaned down, kissing the Princess softly. As soon as he did, one of the girls started fussing. 

Y/N pulled from their kiss with a sigh, “Impeccable timing,” she announced. “Tonight, you’re all mine,” he replied before giving her a quick kiss.