A Clown

The next morning while Severus was in the shower, Y/N took the babies to the kitchen to sit them in their high chairs. When the man came out a few minutes later in his towel, he questioned, “What are you looking for?” suspiciously. 

Y/N was rifling through the cabinets

Y/N was rifling through the cabinets. “A pan to cook breakfast in. I’m going to make us breakfast today,” she replied. 

“Very well. Please don’t give them any food behind my back,” he warned her, softly as he walked back into their bedroom. Y/N rolled her eyes, replying, “I got it, Master,” she teased. 

“Keep it up and you will make breakfast while kneeling,” he replied from the bedroom. Y/N looked at the girls once she pulled out a pan from the cabinet. 

“Your Papa is a very serious man, you know? Thinks he runs this place. We know better don’t we,” she giggled. 

When the man came out a few minutes later, Y/N was playing peek a boo with the girls instead of cooking.

 “Sorry I got distracted,” she announced as she turned back to the food. “What are you making?” he asked curiously.

Y/N’s eyes shot to him, replying, “A surprise. Now remove yourself from the kitchen before I spank you,” she teased with a spatula in her hand. 

“You’re lucky you’re so cute, Princess,” the man announced as he rolled the highchairs next to the table.

 The girls immediately started fussing when they couldn’t see mama anymore from their current position. “Papa is going to read you a book while Mama cooks breakfast that you can’t have,” he announced. 

“They could gum a little piece of toast,” she huffed from the stove. “We need a book on what they can have and when. They may not be ready for eggs if you’re thinking that,” he replied. 

“I’m positive my grandmother has fed them custard on a spoon. They come back sticky every time she watches them,” Y/N replied as she carefully plated the food. “Hob off,” she whispered to herself, turning the knob. 

Y/N brought over two plates of “egg in a hole” except it was heart shaped. She had also made a few little toast “sticks” that the girls could gnaw on. 

A little smirk spread across the man's face. “Thank you, Princess,” he replied when he saw how cute their breakfast was.

 “You’re welcome, my love,” she replied back before placing the little toast fingers on the girl's trays

“It’s practice for them to pick these up as well, fine motor skills, you know,” she announced as she placed them down. Immediately, the girls each started attempting to pick up the toast. 

“I don’t believe I’ve ever had such a cute breakfast, Princess,” he praised her. 

“I’ve decided I’m just going to start cooking when I want to. Your time as headmaster of the kitchen is over. I want to be the mom who makes fun little treats for the children.

 I’m going to be the mom who bakes their children the birthday cake for an overly festive party with balloons and streamers. I’m going to be the fun mother I never had,” she announced.

 The man pursed his lips with a little frown, “What will I be? The serious Papa?” he questioned. 

“You are going to be the Papa who dresses up like a clown and does magic for the children during the party,” she giggled. The man gave her a slow blink, ‘A clown? Absolutely not,” he replied. 

Y/N couldn’t help herself, covering her face as she chuckled. “You’re already a clown. Look how much you make me laugh,” she laughed hysterically before sliding out of her chair and trying to run away. 

Severus rolled his eyes, pulling his wand from his sleeve and casting, “petrificus totalus,” he muttered, instantly freezing Y/N as she fell to the floor with her arms at her side.

 “I ought to keep you there all day for calling me a clown, Princess,” he announced as he resumed eating his breakfast. The man continued teasing her, knowing she could hear him. 

“Your cute little breakfast is getting cold, Princess. If I release you, will you behave? Answer me, I’m waiting,” he teased. A second later, he unfroze her, allowing her to get back up again. Y/N was seething with anger as she got up from the floor. 

“This isn’t over,” she glared at him as she sat back in her seat. The man smiled back at her, “I hope not,” he replied.