Power Struggle

“What do we think, Miss Charlotte? Should we match sister today or do our own thing? Right you are, matching,” Y/N talked sweetly to the little baby she was getting ready for the day. “Did she answer you?” Severus asked cheekily while he buttoned his jacket. 

Y/N delicately pulled the little outfit over Charlotte's head, dressing her gently, “Indeed. She blinked in response,” she replied. “Involuntary muscle contractions,” the man announced smugly. 

Y/N kept talking to the baby, “We don’t listen to him. He is a know it all. He thinks he knows more than momma, but he doesn’t,” she giggled.

 Severus looked at her blankly, “If they tell me that Momma said I’m a know it all some day, you’re getting a spanking,” he announced. “You hear that, Miss Charlotte? You can’t be a tattle tail or momma will get in trouble,” she giggled. 

“Remember, if I come to retrieve them, you will give them to me without fuss,” he reminded her

“Remember, if I come to retrieve them, you will give them to me without fuss,” he reminded her. Y/N rolled her eyes, “I know. I’m hardly a child that requires reminding,” she threw her gritted teeth. 

“I do hope you will not make me regret this, Princess,” he said with a slow blink. “You’re being so controlling about the girls and I. It’s starting to get on my last nerve if I'm honest,” she huffed. 

Severus looked dumbfounded, “Because I don’t want them in a classroom with exploding cauldrons?” he questioned.

 “Just in general. They aren’t going to be near any exploding cauldrons. Today is just a lecture. You are controlling how much I interact with them, like I’m supposed to clear it with you first or something. It’s driving me nuts. If I’m honest, I’m starting to resent you for it,” she replied in annoyance.

 “I’m simply worried about their safety,” he announced with his head cocked to the side. Y/N rolled her eyes again before replacing the baby into her bassinet, “How about trust that I am their mother and I’ll protect them? I wouldn’t put them in harm's way,” she spat. 

“You need to calm down. We have to go to breakfast in a minute,” he huffed. “Go on. I’ll get something from the fridge to eat. I need some space,” she said, crossing her arms. 

Severus moved closer to her, whispering “Princess, Daddy is just trying to take care of you. I need you to calm down. You’re going to come with me and eat breakfast. When you are done, you may come back and retrieve the girls for class. Do I make myself perfectly clear?” he asked her as he softly stroked her cheek. Y/N melted immediately looking up in his beautiful dark eyes, “Yes Daddy,” she replied softly.

 “That’s my good girl,” he whispered before leaning down to give her a kiss. “You’re going to be so good for Daddy today, aren’t you?” he added. A little smile spread across her lips, “Yes Daddy. I will,” she replied meekly. 

The two left the girls with Gloria and headed off to breakfast. 

S: You need to keep an eye on your dress. It keeps opening further. 

Y: Easy to feed in this dress. 

S: You aren’t feeding the whole school, fix it now.

Y/N pulled her wrap dress closed as best she could

Y/N pulled her wrap dress closed as best she could. Her chest was making it difficult to cover up as much as he would like. 

Y: The best I can do. 

S: When you go retrieve the girls, use a pin to close it. 

Y: They went missing if you recall. 

S: I’ll bring you one then. 

Y: Yes Sir.

Once they were seated in the great hall, it was yet another power struggle between the two. “Just eggs please,” she told him as he started putting food on her plate. Severus rolled his eyes knowing what she was attempting.

S: You need more than that. Please don’t start this. 

Y: I’m just not very hungry this morning. Let me be. 

S: You will eat everything I put on your plate. 

Y: I cannot wait to go to class where I can breathe without asking permission. 

S: You said you would be a good girl. 

Y: I’m not being bad. I’m allowed to pick what I eat. You’re suffocating me. 

S: I will tonight if you don’t cease this attitude and eat your breakfast.

Y/N sat quietly eating, blocking him from her thoughts so she could escape for a few moments

When she got up from breakfast to go get the girls, Severus said, “Have a good morning, Princess. I’ll be in to get them later,” he announced he held her arm. “I have no doubt,” she whispered back in annoyance.