Familiar

Once they got home, Y/N went to change into her pajamas. Severus followed her into the closet, “What got into you tonight?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. 

“I could ask you the same thing. You said you wouldn’t get angry,” she huffed as she dressed.

 “I’m going to pick up the girls,” he announced, turning around to walk towards their bedroom area.

 “What the fuck are you doing here? Princess, we have been followed,” Severus sneered from the other room. “Huh?” Y/N walked out half dressed. 

It was suddenly clear to her who the man was as he sat in the leather chair near the fireplace. “This is Alfie,” Y/N said, shaking her head as she stood topless. Alfie’s eyes scanned Y/N’s body with a little smirk forming in the corners of his mouth.

 Severus turned back briefly realizing his half nude wife was just staring at the man. “Go finish dressing. I believe we all have some things to discuss,” Severus hissed as he stood with his wand drawn on the man. 

Y/N stood still making eye contact with the man before she snapped out of it and went into the closet, grabbing her pajama top. She came back out buttoning it.

 “His animagus is our Alfie. But why would you do this?” she asked the man as she walked back out. There was no answer as Severus had already shuffled through Alfie’s memories.

 “His family. He was being paid to spy on us,” Severus announced as he moved back from the man a bit. “Does anyone mind if we have this conversation while I pump? I’m about to start leaking,” Y/N said as he grabbed her aching chest. 

“Be my guest. I’ve seen everything,” Alfie smirked at her. Severus’ eyes cut back to the man giving him a look of daggers.

 “Let me properly introduce myself,” the man rose from his seat. He extended his hand to Severus, “My name is Alastair Van Doren,” the tall handsome man announced. Severus was unsure but he shook the mans hand hesitantly. 

“He won’t hurt us or he would have already. He’s had endless opportunities,” Y/N announced as she went to sit with her hand pump. “Correct you are, Princess,” Alastair said looking over to Y/N. 

Severus was annoyed to no end at Alastair’s use of “Princess,” but there were more important topics to focus on.

 “Why reveal yourself now? You could have just disappeared and we would have never known,” Severus asked accusingly as he stood near the man, wand still in hand.

“I’ve grown rather fond of,” the man started. “Princess,” Severus groaned as he interrupted. “Thank you, Alastair. I shall never hear the end of this now,” she said as she undid her shirt to pump her milk. 

“I put an amortentia potion in your afternoon tea pot. I wanted to see if she would be drawn to me in my human form. She is but that could be because of the bond she built with me as her pet,” Alastair admitted. 

“I knew you felt familiar. I told you, Severus. I knew I had been given something,” she huffed. “I need a fucking drink,” Severus announced, as he went to the kitchenette pulling out a bottle.

 He brought back a bottle of fire whiskey and two glasses. Y/N looked almost sad she wasn’t getting any. “Must be nice,” she huffed as Severus poured the two men a drink. 

“Who put you up to this?” she asked a second later. 

Alastair took a sip before replying, “Some men but I don’t know who they are. I was approached a couple of years ago by some unsavory chaps. They said if I were to live as your.. Pet.. they would provide generously for my family. My grandmother is frail and unable to work. I’ve also got my kid sister in my care. 

I needed the money as you can see. I was instructed to show up at various locations and give information to whoever showed up. It was never the same person. The money would show up in my bank account after the transactions,” he recounted. 

“Why decide to reveal yourself? It has to be more than your fondness for my wife. It doesn’t make sense,” Severus questioned the man as he paced around.

 “I cannot in good conscience divulge information about the girls. I met with someone today and they questioned me endlessly about them,” Alastair said solemnly. “What kind of questions?” Y/N demanded angrily. 

“If they had shown any sort of abilities yet,” the man replied blankly. Severus huffed, “Of course not. They are babies,” he interjected.

 “Exactly what I told him. They are simply infants right now. I told him perhaps it wasn’t true and they are just typical witches. He wouldn’t take that for an answer,” Alastair replied. 

“Why did you come to the club and watch us?” Y/N questioned the man. 

A little smirk spread across his lips, “To participate in some way. You have no idea how difficult it is to remain a cat while Princess is being wrecked right in front of me,” he replied. 

“Call her Princess one more time and I will sectumsempra you Alastair,” Severus sneered back at the man.