An Unforgivable Curse

Y/N sat at the kitchen island with her sketch pad while Severus cooked their dinner that evening. 

She plopped her chin down on her fist, announcing, “I have no idea what to do for their nursery. Part of me says just go with a fun wallpaper, the other part is telling me to paint something,” she sighed.

 “I have no suggestions, but I do have a request. Please, no clowns. I know they used to be a popular theme of childrens rooms. I know you are considering something fitting to the house,” he announced.

 Y/N shuddered when she heard the c word. “You don’t know me at all. Clowns.. I would never,” she said blankly.

 “Perhaps something simple like a repeating floral pattern. It doesn’t necessarily have to be baby themed,” the man replied as he looked over from the stove. 

Y/N thought for a moment, replying, “That would be nice as well. Maybe I should just let you figure the nursery out. I can’t make my mind up about anything,” she said.

 “Perhaps tomorrow when I take you out for breakfast, we can stop by to look at some wallpaper samples. Maybe seeing something in person will give you inspiration,” he offered. 

“We need to pick up some brass polish as well. Your Head of House cups are looking a bit weathered next to my shiny one,” she teased playfully. “Weathered. I ought to come over there and spank you,” he chuckled softly. 

“I’d hate for you to hurt yourself getting all riled up,” she teased as she started getting up from her stool she was sitting on. With a flick of Severus’ wand, he cast “levicorpus,” hoisting Y/N into the air by her ankle. 

The man walked over to where she was hanging by her ankles. She was struggling to tuck her t-shirt into her shorts so it didn’t expose her completely. 

“Put me down,” she huffed. “Tsk tsk, that isn’t any way to speak to me,” he warned her.

“Ahh I’m Severus Snape and I invented levicorpus. I got it, save me the speech,” she huffed with her arms crossed as she hung there indignantly.

 “You may hang there until you’re ready to act appropriately,” the man replied as he walked back to the stove, working on the food. 

Y/N made a snotty mocking face as he walked away. “Don’t force me to silence you as well,” the man sighed. A few minutes later, Severus asked her again, “Are you ready to play nice?” he questioned. 

“I was just playing with you to begin with,” she huffed. Severus leaned down so he could look into her eyes as she hung there in the air. “All you have to do is behave and Daddy will let you down,” he teased her. 

Y/N had her arms crossed in a sign of dissatisfaction, replying, “Incapable,” she spat. “I do wonder how long you will let yourself hang here. All you have to do is behave,” he mocked her. 

Y/N let out a displeased grumble, “Fine. I’m getting very dizzy. Can you please let me down? I’ll behave,” she bargained. 

With a flick of his wand, he lowered her until she was back on the floor again. “Now if you don’t mind, I need to finish our dinner,” he announced as he returned to the stove.

“I wish to be tortured,” Y/N announced as she laid on the floor dizzy from the hanging. “Pardon me?” Severus asked in bewilderment.

“I believe if I were tortured it would help develop my water powers. I’m the only one who cannot generate their element in my family. Perhaps I haven’t been properly motivated,” she announced. 

“You don’t understand what you are asking for. It can cause insanity if used for a prolonged period,” Severus announced sternly. “That is my final wish,” she replied softly. 

“We are done speaking of this topic. Do not ask me again,” the man replied angrily. Y/N got up from the floor, still a bit dizzy from the hanging. Severus was in a terrible mood after her suggestion of using an unforgivable curse. 

The two sat down for a very quiet dinner. “I feel inferior because I cannot do it on my own. Fleur can conjure wind, my mother conjures fire. I cannot do anything without a water source,” she admitted. 

The man sighed deeply, “I understand but there has to be another way. You have a duty to our family. The girls are more important than a perceived inferiority you may have. Neville Longbottoms parents were tortured until they went insane. They live in an institution now. It’s a pain you cannot imagine,” Severus replied. 

“You’ve experienced it yourself. Tell me,” she asked softly. “The Dark Lord would use it on anyone who he suspected of disloyalty. It’s an unforgivable curse for a reason, Princess,” he replied blankly. 

“I understand that you don’t wish to cast it against me. Perhaps, we could find someone who is willing,” she offered. “Over my dead body,” he sneered as he slammed his hand on their dinner table making the plates jump.