Move in Day Part:3

After the girls woke from their little nap, Y/N fed them just enough to soothe them. “I will get in the tub with them. Feel free to put my cookies in the oven,” she smiled at Severus. “You might need help with them,” he replied. 

“Not at all, I’m going to lay everything out before I get in,” she replied as she got up from the bed where she was nursing. She carried the two fat babies into the bathroom, closing the door behind her with her foot. 

Severus followed her as usual, asking, “Why even bother closing the door? You know I’m coming in” the man said as he rolled his eyes. “I don’t want help. I can do all of this myself,” she announced as she laid the babies on a towel near the tub. 

She leaned over the tub, to start filling it with warm water. “I’m sure you can do it by yourself but I like to help as well. The oven is preheating for your Princess cookies,” he teased her.

 She undressed herself, then quickly undressed the girls as well. “Atleast let me hand them to you, once you get in,” he sighed. 

“I've got it, but I would take a little cup to rinse their hair with. I did forget that,” she smiled back at him. She sat down in the shallow warm water with the girls sitting between her legs. 

Y/N made sure to not let the water get very high incase they toppled over. Neither of the girls were very good at sitting independently yet. 

Severus brought her a little cup to wash their hair with and sat on the side of the tub so he could watch. Y/N carefully took each baby and washed her while the other splashed the water. 

“Their hair is always the last thing I do before they get out,” Y/N announced. She carefully laid Stevie back to rinse the shampoo out.

 “I will take her when you’re done,” the man said as he watched intently. “Here you go, one very angry baby,” she replied as she held her up. 

Severus took the baby and wrapped her in a towel, “That mean lady washed your hair, didn’t she? She doesn’t know how to do it, like I do. Your Papa is an expert hair washer,” he told the baby. He took her into their bedroom to dry and dress her on the bed. 

Y/N came out a moment later wrapped in a towel with another angry baby. “You can do bath time next. They will cry about their hair no matter what,” she huffed. “I’ll do it tomorrow, you will see. I know how to wash their hair without upsetting them,” he teased with a little grin.

Y/N quickly dried her baby off and rediapered her. She used the towel to play peek a boo with the baby until she was a bundle of fantastic baby laughter. “No one makes them laugh like Mama,” she announced arrogantly.  

Severus huffed, “I make them laugh all the time,” he replied as he tickled Charlotte's tiny little feet resulting in laughter. “Only someone who is diabolical would tickle feet,” Y/N remarked. 

“She loves it,” he smiled down at the baby as he continued tickling her. Y/N went to sit on the sofa to finish nursing the girls while her cookies were being baked. 

“Is there any way you could put a record on for them? Something like Chopin Nocturnes. I bet this house has amazing acoustics,” she asked softly. 

“Of course, Princess,” he replied as he placed her cookies into the oven. He walked over to where they had set the record player up, putting the exact vinyl on that she had asked for. “You’re the best,” she told him softly.  

He sat next to her on the sofa while she nursed, replying, “It’s true, Princess. I am the best,” he said. “I was right, the acoustics are amazing here,” she announced softly.