Heart Shaped Pancakes Part 3

In the afternoon, Severus brought back the ingredients she needed to make the cake. Y/N had the girls in their highchairs as she scampered around. She let each of them play with a wooden spoon while she gathered the other ingredients she needed. 

Severus came back a bit later with the ingredients. He laid them out on the counter before remarking how cute her sous chefs were. “They need little white hats,” he teased the two girls. 

“I got you something. I know you don’t wish to discuss it, but I got you a little something. They were made of magic and stardust, just like us Princess. It’s ok to let yourself feel it,” he whispered as he took out a tiny small star charm and attached it to her “Half Blood Prince” bracelet.

 “Thank you,” she whispered softly. She stared at the man until he leaned back in, giving her a kiss. They must have been kissing a little too long because both of the girls started fussing.

Severus pulled away from her kiss, “They said to leave their Papa alone,” he teased. Y/N acted in shock, “Absolutely not. They know you are trying to steal their Mama away. They were less than pleased at waking up in that room,” she replied. 

“I’m sorry ladies, but that’s the way it must be,” he announced with his hands on his hips cheekily. 

As Y/N started working on the cake, she asked, “Do you remember when I used to stay and help you with potions after class? I was quite the helper. I bet someone would like to return the favor,” she suggested.

 “What would you like for me to help you with, Professor?” he questioned playfully.

“I need the baking dish greased and the fruit laid out in a pleasant looking way,” she informed him. “Please,” she added with a smile.

 “Of course. Yes, I do remember you “helping” me with potions. You were a bit of a distraction if I’m honest, as you are now,” he teased. Y/N rolled her eyes as she started mixing the cake ingredients.

 “You started demanding my presence if I recall. It just gave you another opportunity to spend time with your favorite student,” she replied.

Severus looked back blankly at her, “You thought you were my favorite student?” he asked seriously.

 “Do you want to hear who my favorite DADA professor was?” she asked cheekily. “No I do not,” he huffed as he returned to what he was doing.

“Very well. Do you still want to play backgammon, or should we work on the books together?” she asked curiously. “We can play the game. I will need to read the instructions first. Are you dying to tell me it was Lupin?” he sighed.

“I knew about him. I had seen him late one night sneaking back to the castle. I thought it was fascinating, to be honest. I couldn’t say you were my favorite because I wasn’t allowed in Hogwarts when you were teaching DADA,” she replied. 

“I’m thrilled to hear you’re not still holding that against me, babydoll,” he replied. She huffed a little, “You hold just as much against me,” she replied. “Let's be friends, please,” he asked softly. 

Y/N sat down with the girls to nurse after she put the cake in the oven. Severus brought her over the pain potion she was supposed to take earlier in the day but didn’t. “Just take it, please. Your suffering through it won’t change anything,” he remarked. 

“I’m not going to take that. Please, stop asking me,” she looked up at the man while he held the bottle. 

“You drive me crazy. There is no reason not to take it. I’ve never seen anyone so dead set on causing themselves more problems than necessary,” he said in annoyance. 

“Fine, I’ll take it,” she rolled her eyes and took the bottle from him. “Are you happy?” she questioned him after she took it.

He took the bottle back and walked away, “Of course, I’m not happy. All I want to do is take care of you, and you’re making it difficult,” he said. 

“I apologize. I just.. I’m feeling a lot of terrible things and I don’t know how to deal with this. I would love to take a sleeping draught and be out for a few days,” she admitted.

 “If It weren’t for your milk, I would let you, to be honest. I don’t think the girls could hold out that long. Merlin knows they can't be told no, just like their Papa,” he replied as he came back to the sitting area near her. 

“Thank you for being so patient with me. I’m trying not to let this derail all of the progress I have made over the past year,” she sighed.

 “You need to give yourself permission to grieve, and then we have to move forward,” he replied softly, reaching over to stroke her arm gently. 

“Why don’t you take your pants off and start putting my books up again? I never got to see all of that last night,” she suggested cheekily. “I couldn’t possibly Miss, I’m a married man,” he teased. 

“I won’t tell her if you won’t. Perhaps you will earn yourself a little tip if you impress me,” she offered with a little grin.

 “In that case,” he got up and started undressing for her. “Fantastic,” she smiled happily as she watched him undress down to his boxer briefs. 

“As I was saying last night, you are so handsome. I thoroughly enjoy watching you,” she announced as she admired him. “If you ever get done feeding those greedy babies, you can help me,” he suggested.

“Pfft you just want a reason to rub up against me. I know all of your tricks, Daddy,” she teased. 

“Aww the Pretty Princess doesn’t like the attention she gets. Perhaps she should stop wearing those shorts she has already been warned about. It’s almost like you're begging for attention, to be honest,” he smirked at her while picking up a stack of books for the shelf. 

“I hope you keep this energy up tonight while I’m beating you relentlessly at backgammon,” she teased him.

The man huffed as he continued putting the books up, “You only picked that game because you believe if you win, I'll let you put a finger in my ass. It’s not happening,” he teased. “It will. Can you check the cake for me, please?” she asked while she sat beneath the two sleeping babies again. 

“As you wish, Princess,” he replied before going to the kitchen. He pulled the cake out with oven mitts and placed it on the stovetop to cool. “I can smell it from here,” Y/N said with wide, excited eyes. 

“When it cools a little more, I will put it on a plate for you, Princess,” the man replied before returning to the books. “What are you making for dinner? I saw in one of those cookbooks a “standing rib roast made from frankfurters,'''' she teased. 

“Sorry, I didn’t buy any frankfurters this time. I was considering making you the ham and mayonnaise salad topped with slivered almonds from your book,” he replied playfully. Y/N had a look of horror on her face, “Terrifying,” she announced as she shook her head.