Chapter 31 - Slumber Party

(continued on from previous chapter)

I was sitting in my room, at 5:00, kind of bored. I realized, through the dates with William, and the time out with the cast, I hadn't been able to really talk to Franchesca or Josie, like at all.

(Hey, do you guys want to come over? Spend the night? We'd have school in the morning, but... I don't know...)

I texted Josie and Franchesca in our group chat.

(Holy crap yes. What time?)

Franchesca responded immediately and Josie responded soon after.

(YEAH! I'm on my way.)

I laughed a little, leave it to Josie.

(Ok. Franchesca, how does now sound?)

I smiled to myself, then picked my phone back up, this time texting Georgia. 

(Hi! It's Abigail, from Spanish and English, I'm having Franchesca and Josie over for a sleepover tonight, would you like to come? It would be at the Rodgers.)

(Yeah sure, I might be a few minutes, dance team auditions just finished.) 

(That's fine.)

I set my phone down and smiled to myself, proud of myself, I made plans. Now I needed food. I had some hidden in the floorboards. If I just had bags of food sitting in my closet they would most defiently be gone by now, I keep healthy food in that cupboard, Anthony won't steal my giant bag of sunflower seeds. But he would steal my 5 pound bag of gummy-bears. I walked outside of my room, all stealth-like and carefully lifted a floorboard, pulling out the junk food I hid from the male Hamilcast, when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

(I'm outside, if I knock I think NY police will take my away from the premises, come and rescue me, front door.)

I sighed and ran downstairs, and opened the front doors.

"Why don't you just use the stage door, you look like less of a weirdo, at least then you look like you're supposed to be there." Josie walked in, slightly shivering.

"If you could give me a key."

"I don't think that I'm allowed to hand out keys for the theater housing the smash hit, Hamilton. Lin was nervous to give me the keys, and I live here."

"you make a good point, you make a good point." Josie responded laughing, we stared to walk away.

"Wait, Franchesca and Georgia should be here soon, not that I don't love the 3 flights of stairs, but I really don't like the 3 flights of stairs." We sat around in the lobby for 5 minutes before Franchesca showed up, at which point I pulled the door open before she even had time to ask. We laughed a little and I pulled her inside.

"Let's go!" Franchesca started walking towards the stairs.

"No! Georgia should be here any minute, I don't want to have to come downstairs again." 

"Ah. I understand. English really sucked today..." Franchesca went into a huge spiel about her day at school and I zoned out while staring out of the window. Finally I noticed a girl, with her hair in a high ponytail, walking over to the Rodgers

"Georgia!" I opened the door and yelled out, making everything less awkward for everyone, except the people on the street.

"Hi! Thanks for inviting me! This is so cool!" Georgia took a step inside and looked around the lobby, in basic awe of the the fact she was standing in the Richard Rodgers theater.

"I'm ordering pizza, what does everyone want?" I held up my phone with the number already typed into it. The girls shouted their responses as we climbed upstairs. I called and ordered. We finally landed in my room where I pulled out some more beanbags and blankets. Josie simply collapsed onto a beanbag. 

"I'm broken." She said into the pillow her face was on. "I am broken." All 4 of us laughed.

"Hopefully that pizza gets here before the cast does." I said checking my watch, which displayed 5:38, most people started showing up at 6;09, for an 8:00 show. "We all kind of have to shut up a little from 8 - 11, which is unfortunate."

"Can you hear the show from your room?" Georgia asked, opening a bag of chips that I had left on my bed.

"Yeah, not super loud, but definetly. Which also means the audience can kind of hear us. Which sucks, but usually I navigate it pretty smoothly."

"Is there anywhere in the theater where people won't hear us?" Franchesca asked.

"Just the roof. But it's cold up there and I do not like the cold." Right as I said that my phone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out to see that my pizza had arrived. Yay. "Guys, pizzas here, be back up in a minute." I ran downstairs and grabbed the boxes of pizza, paid the pizza guy, who seemed excited to deliver to the Rodgers, and ran back upstairs.

"PIZZA!" All 3 girls exclaimed when I came back upstairs. I had ordered 4 boxes, considering teenage girls can eat a ton, and some cast member would probably steal 1-10 slices. Pigs. Thanks fully they weren't here yet. 

"We should watch something before the show starts, so they don't hear it." Josie suggested, we all agreed and I pulled up Mean Girls on Netflix without asking anyone, I loved this movie so much. 

30 minutes later we had all settled into a blanket, in our own little nests, with food, and were very much enjoying ourselves through the movie, I heard a knock on the door and I, not wanting to stand up, yelled my response.

"YES?!" 

"Did you order food?" Anthony opened the door and walked in, saw the open pizza box and grabbed a slice.

"How on earth did you know we have pizza?"

"I could smell it." He retorted, his mouth full of cheese and pineapple.

"Your dressing room in on the first floors this is the 3rd floor, and we've had this pizza for 30 minutes."

"Your point?" Anthony asked, "oh I love this movie!" He said turning to the TV, he continued eating his pizza, and say down on my bed watching the chick flick. Sometimes I really love these guys

Within an hour we had not only Anthony in my room, but also Chris, Oak, and Jazzy, all intently watching  Mean Girls. At the hour mark, they all left, one by one, to go get ready. 

"Do they often come in your room when they want food?" Georgia asked.

"I think my food is their main source of nutrition." The 3 girls laughed, time flew and our movie finished and the show started.

(To be continued, not a dun dun dun TBC, but a I have lots more to add, so I'll just do a 2nd chapter TBC)

Thanks for reading!

-Abi