Chapter 51 - Adoption Day

Sunlight filled my room and I blinked a couple times, adjusting to the new light. I yawned and turned over so that my back would be facing the window, unfortunately I flipped over on top of William.

"Oof!" He jolted up, as I flipped over.

"I'm sorry!" I said, weakly pushing myself up in bed.

"It's fine. Is it morning?" He asked doing the same.

"Yeah, I think that's why there's so much sun." I stretched, it was Monday morning. My adoption day. I grabbed my phone and checked the time, 9:00. "It's 9." I read out loud.

"You have to be there at 1:30 right?" I nodded, "we have 3 more hours to sleep." He gripped my waist and pulled me back down onto the mattress.

"That means we'll be be up at 12:00 though!"

"I've given you an hour and a half."

"I'll make pancakes." I whispered in his ear.

"I'M UP!" He bolted upright, and I laughed. I stood up and hopped on my good leg over to my stove. "Where's your computer?" He asked.

"In the pink bag. Why?" I replied mixing pancake batter.

"I'm going to watch The Office." I rolled my eyes. I had a bag packed, it had my dress for today, my straightener, and my laptop. Aside from that, and the kitchen stuff, everything was gone.

"Have fun." I replied pouring the finished batter onto the griddle.

"Babe."

"Yeah."

"Generally I try not to judge people for their recently watched movies on Netflix, but really?"

"What's on my recently watched?"

"Well, it's not as much what's there but, more the variety." I laughed, he's right. "You see, it goes Rent, Psych, Cats and Dogs: The revenge of Kitty Galore." I laughed and flipped a pancake. "How do you go from watching Rent, a Broadway musical about AIDS, to Cats and Dogs, a movie about a secret society of dogs protecting us from cats?"

"It's a cute movie!"

"Yes, but you also have Phineas and Ferb on your recently watched."

"Do you have something to say against Phineas and Ferb?"

"Why do you have Grease and Grease Live?"

"Aaron Tveit." Hey at least I was being honest.

"But why both?"

"Are we done making fun of what I watch in my spare time?"

"Ok." He shut up and turned his show on.

15 minutes later I finished making pancakes and sat down next to him in front of the computer. And that's how I spent the morning,

At noon, I started getting dressed, I went into the bathroom and pulled on the dress from Saturday, and on my good foot I wore a single black flat.

"What do you think?" I asked stepping out of the bathroom, William was in the corner of the room pulling on a white button up shirt. He turned around.

"I love it." He said smiling. I turned and grabbed my hair straightener from my bag and plugged it in. I have a lot to tackle. I have a lot of hair. I straightened my hair, about halfway through that ordeal, William came and started doing his hair in my mirror as well. "What? Don't judge me. I'm supposed to look nice too right?"

"I guess." I consented, laughing.

At 1:30, I got a text from Lin.

(Come out!)