Chapter 115 - Easter Bonnet

"Good morning my child." Lin yelled tossing my backpack on top of me.

"Oof!" I bolted up, due to the weight of the backpack on my gut. "Why?!" I yelled back.

"It's time to get up." He replied.

"And that involved throwing my backpack on my already bruised stomach?" I asked.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry." He said, taking my backpack off of me, and sitting down on my bed, "lemme see."

"See what? The bruises?" I asked.

"Yeah, how bad is it?"

"Oh, um, not that bad, I mean, I've seen worse." I said.

"May I?" He asked, moving the blanket off of my torso.

"Yeah sure." I smiled a little, to show him it was alright, he lifted up my shirt a little, just so my stomach was visible.

"Abi..." He said, "I'm sorry." He pulled my shirt down. "There are eggs in the kitchen." He kissed the top of my head, patted my shoulder and left the room.

I sighed and got out of bed, changing into jeans and a Waitress t-shirt, that I got when I went to see it with Lin and Vanessa. I straightened my hair, and made my way out of my room.

"Morning." Vanessa said, smiling, she was fully dressed, and was carrying her work bag, and Seb was in a little baby carrier on her front.

"Morning." I smiled back.

"I'll see you later!" She called back for me, as she left for work. I waved a little, only after she was gone. I sat down at the breakfast table with only a glass of orange juice, ignoring my stomach once again.

"Hola chica." Lin said, joining me, "you ready for rehearsal today?" He asked, "and by ready, I mean, are you ready to watch us run our Easter Bonnet a fafillion times?"

"Fafillion? Is that a new one?" I asked.

"Yep." He smiled into his coffee, which, may I add, was in a Garfield mug.

"Does Vanessa know?" I asked.

"Nope." He smiled more, taking a gulp out of his mug.

"Alright then." I smiled.

"I had your teachers email me your work, I printed it off." He handed me a substantial pile of paper, which I assumed was everything I was going to miss in the next couple of days.

"I'm gonna die." I groaned.

"I don't know how you're doing pre-calc." He said, thumbing through the pile.

"Neither do I." I rolled my eyes, "wait, never mind I take that back, math is my favorite subject."

"Can't I just have someone in the family who isn't obsessed with finding some random variable! Or figuring out that mathematical crap!" He blurted.

"Well, keep dreaming the impossible dream." I grinned.

"Man of La Mancha. Respect. Ok, you're my kid again, let's go." He got up from the table grabbing both my backpack and his.

"I can take my bag." I said, standing up as well.

"I said it, and I meant it, you never have to do anything ever again." He smiled, and walked out the door, my bag on his left shoulder, his on his right. "Also," he called back to me, "I feel like if I put this bag on your back, I will legit break your shoulders."

"It won't." I laughed.

"Yes it will small child." He said, which only made me laugh more. "Take my hand." He said once we got outside, and I didn't want to argue, so I did. "I may have already mentioned this, but, I'm never letting you out of sight again. I'm not losing you again."