Chapter 95 - Its Quiet Uptown

Abi's POV

I blinked a couple of times, adjusting to the light in my room. Wait, this wasn't my room. I lifted my head a little, Lin was sitting by my bed, his head in his hands.

"Lin?" I asked, my voice soft, "where..." I was cut off by him jumping out of his chair and hugging me, before I could even sit up.

"Oh gosh you're awake. You're alive, Niñita I thought I lost you." He was crying, and holding my pretty tightly. "I thought you were going to die, oh gosh, sweetheart, don't scare me like that again."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, starting to cry myself. "I... I'm so sorry." I was crying now.

"Don't be sorry, don't you dare say you're sorry. Just why?" He asked.

"Can you hand me my phone?" I asked, "it should be with my clothes."

"Not until you tell me why this happened." He said.

"No, that's why I need my phone." I tried to explain.

"Ok," he got up and grabbed my phone from my sweatshirt pocket. "Here, now scoot over."

"This is a less than twin size hospital bed." I said, taking my phone.

"That has never stopped me before, now scoot over." I smiled a little, and moved to the side of the bed, and he got in next to me. "Now, explain." He prompted, and I opened my phone, scrolling back through my notifications, until I found what I was looking at last night.

"I posted a picture of Seb sleeping on my shoulder, saying I finally got him to go to sleep."

"Congrats by the way, you're so much better at that than I am." He said, and I smiled.

"Well, someone felt the great and dire need to say this, 'you're not the only one who had to put a kid to sleep, get over yourself, and stop being so over dramatic. No one cares.'" I stopped talking briefly to find the next comment, "I heard @abigailleighmiranda put her 16 year old brother in juvie. Um, get over yourself kid, you probably ruined his life, and you have no proof he did anything, you're probably faking it.'" I was sitting here trying not to cry again. "A heck of a lot of people called me weird, but, I guess, it was things like this. '@abigailleighmiranda get your', I don't swear," when I refused to say the F word, Lin laughed a little.

"You're 5, Niñita, I swear you're 5." He hugged me into his side.

"Anyways, 'get your self out of Lin, Vanessa, and Sebastian's lives. They are genuinely good people and you're like a leech, sucking away their time, money and family, like a parasite, trying to shove yourself into their family. If you really cared about them, or anyone, you'd kill yourself. Stop using them." I didn't make it through that one without crying.

"Niñita, no llores. Por favor, te amo, te amamos. Por favor, lo siento, no llores. Miramé," I looked at him, "te amo."

(Niñita, don't cry. Please, I love you, we love you. Please, I'm sorry, don't cry. Look at me. I love you.)

"I'm sorry." I choked out, crying into his Heights t-shirt. "I won't do it again, I'm sorry. I just, I thought, I guess, that, I kind of was a leech."

"You aren't a leech." He said holding me, "you're not. You're my daughter. Mi hija. Mi Niñita. My life wouldn't be easier without you, please don't leave me." He fumbled a bit in the pocket of his sweats for his phone.