Chapter 75 - Prepared

Continued from previous chapter

"Are you going to come with me?" I asked nonchalantly.

"What do you mean? When?" William asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"When Lin picks me up? Are you coming?"

"Of course!" He said, putting down his food. And taking my hands, he started dancing with them, I just let them hang limp, and he swung them around. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yes." I looked down at my lap. I looked at my lap for about 3 seconds, and then shook my head. I felt him lift my head to look at him by my chin, then I felt his hand on the back of my head.

"I love you." He added, then he leaned in, and kissed me. I loved it when he kissed me. I clung to it, he started to pull away, but I wrapped my arms around his back, so he couldn't, I just didn't want it to stop. When I did this, I heard him chuckle a little, and he pulled away the tiniest bit, just so he could say something, "I'm serious."

"What?" I was confused.

"I love you." He looked at me, "I'm serious, Abigail I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered, realizing this finally. After I said this, my phone buzzed in my pocket, I awkwardly fumbled it out, and checked it. "He's here, we should go." I started to stand up, and grabbed my backpack, and started downstairs, taking Williams hand. We got downstairs, and walked outside.

"Go over to your dad, there's something I have to do really briefly." He let go of my hand, and kissed my cheek.

"Ok." I replied, and he ran over to the bike racks, and I knew what he was going to do, however I walked over to Lin.

"Hey, you ok? William called, he said that I should pick you up, what happened?" He asked, and all I did to respond was hug him, and right after, I started crying, I guess I needed to. "Hey hey, it's okay, you're okay." I let go, then turned around, as I heard yelling from the bike racks. "Holy crap, your boyfriend has a dirty mouth." Lin said.

"He's never sworn in front of me." I shrugged. "I guess he's traditional."

"What happened?" He asked again, pressing on.

"I think I just gave up." I looked down at my feet.

"I know. It was bound to happen, just, why? Why now, although I take it it has something to do with your angry boyfriend over by the bike racks."

"Yeah. Yeah it does."

"Alright. How long do you think this is going to take?" He asked, referring to William, who, coincidentally, started to walk back to us.

"Sorry, I had to deal with something." He apologized, slipping his arm around my waist.

"Yeah, we heard." Lin informed.

"Oh, sorry." He laughed a bit.

"Yeah, we should go, I didn't exactly drive here, so, yeah, we should be leaving." He started leaving, and the 2 of us followed.

We took the subway back to the apartment, and all in all, that took about 20 minutes.

"Where's the box?" William asked Lin. Box? What box?

"It's in the closet, I'll go get it, go get started in her room." Lin responded. What were they talking about?

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Just, just, sit down!" Lin yelled, grabbing a box from the top shelf of the hall closet. I sat down in the couch, awkwardly though, something was going on, and I was confused. About a minute later, Lin came over with a smallish box, and sat next to me. Instead of explaining what was going on, he looked at me, like a parent looks at their child when they have a fever, I wasn't sick. "You're not okay." He began, and I started to contradict him, but he cut me off, "I'm serious, I know that you're not okay, it's blatantly obvious. Everyone knows that you're not okay, and that's okay, you can let go, you need to let go, take a break." He hugged me, only letting go when William walked in.