Chapter 86 - Bill de Blasio

I didn't have school on Wednesday. Yay, also, yesterday Lin had laryngitis, and couldn't perform. People took this way too seriously. Especially the mayor. You heard me right, Bill de Blasio, mayor of New York City, took Lin-Manuel Miranda's laryngitis too seriously. I mean, he tweeted about it

 I mean, he tweeted about it

Yep. City, Nation on edge.

I'm not on edge, actually, I found it kinda funny. To wake me up he blasted Blackout from In The Heights into my room, while holding a sign that read,

Get up! It's 7:00, and I can't talk.
Help. :(

Anyways, aside from yesterday morning, I woke up this morning without the aid of the best musical of 2008, or its vocally incapacitated composer and star.

I trudged into the living room, where Lin sat on his phone. I turned around to go into the kitchen, when I heard him yell.

"WHAT?!" His voice cracked about halfway through the word, and I hurried back to the couch.

"Don't yell! You have 2 shows today!" I was freakish out a bit, but for a good cause, I mean the nation was on edge yesterday.

"No, look." He whispered, properly using his dying voice. I sat down next to him and looked at his phone. Apparently Bill de Blasio was going to be coming to see Hamilton today. "He wants to be in a Ham4Ham!" Lin started doing a mini couch dance, and I rolled my eyes.

"Good for you Lin. Good for you." I said, patting his shoulder.

"No, good for you!" He said, stopping his mini-couch dance. "You don't have school today! You can work the matinée!" He was grinning ear to ear.

"Does that mean I have to wear actual clothes?" I asked, referring to my puppy dog slippers, and pj shorts.

"Yes. It's 9:30, we should be there by noon, you have time."

"Alright." I sighed, not wanting to change into pants and respectable clothes.

"In the meantime, we can watch Colbert." He said, fumbling for the remote.

"It's 9:30 a.m., I don't think it's on." I said.

"I didn't watch it last night, I was asleep, I have it recorded." He said, flipping to the DVR.

"Ah, excellent," I said, leaning back into the couch. "Who's on?" I asked, curious.

"Melissa McCarthy." He responded, playing the segment.

"Yeah, I have no idea who that is."

"Seriously?" He asked, looking at me oddly.

"Yeah, no. Am I supposed to?" I asked, he simply rolled his eyes in response.

We watched the interview, apparently she was in a movie called Spy. My bad. Afterwards Lin kicked me out because, and I quote, 'I'm going to play Grand Theft Auto, it's not for kids but I'm a grown up so I'm allowed.'