Chapter 178 - Come Home

I woke up the next morning at 9:42, I was sweating like crazy but still quite sick. I dragged myself into the living room to clean up after last night. As I was fixing the pillows, I leaned over the garbage can by the couch, and puked again. I don't know why I was so sick, I got back into my bathroom and brushed my teeth, and pulled my robe on, tying it tightly around my waist. I sat on the couch, curled up and leaning against the arm, checking my phone.

Dad:
Morning Peanut...

Mom:
How did you sleep darling? We'll be home a little late.

Mija:
Okay, I slept fine.

I turned on Blackish, from our DVR and let myself slip into the episode, about halfway through my mind started to cloud a bit, and I knew what was happening, I felt my leg start to shake, then my arm, then I pulled my legs onto the couch, curling into a tight ball, and let the memory overtake me, terrified.

I was sitting home alone, 9 years old, and watching Hannah Montana on Disney Channel. My parents were out at a party, but should be home any minute, I stayed up late, even though I wasn't supposed to, because I missed them. Finally I heard the door open, along with my parents loud laughter.

"Mommy! Daddy!" I squealed and shot up fro the couch, I sprinted into the foyer of the house and jumped into my dads arms, I smelled alcohol on him, right before I felt myself fly off of him onto the stairs. I extended my arm, and felt it snap as I hit the ground, I screamed, clutching my arm to my chest.

"Oh you little crybaby, calm down." He laughed a bit, and kissed my mom.

"Dad, I think my arms broken." I whimpered, sitting on the stairs.

"Suck it up. Go to bed." He shoved me a little and pulled my mother upstairs behind me. I cried on the stairs for a little while before I trudged upstairs clutching my throbbing arm to my chest.

I didn't sleep that night. I sat up all night, trying to deal with the pulsing pain in my right arm. I heard my parents in the other room for about an hour.

I came to finally, sobbing on our couch, I had to sit there shaking for a minute before I could really move voluntarily. I grabbed my phone to check the time, 11:02. I was out for too long. I unlocked my phone and called my dad.

"Mija, everything okay? Are you okay?" He asked, picking up the phone, worried.

"I..." I hiccuped, "I had, I had a flashback." I whispered, "I'm scared."

"Oh gosh, sweetheart are you okay?"

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"Do you need anything?" He asked.

"No, I needed to hear your voice, can you put mom on?"

"Of course." I heard him hand the phone off to my mother and then I heard her pick up.

"Hi baby, how ya holding up?" She asked, concerned.

"I'm okay." I whispered.

"Are you sure?"

"No." I admitted, "I'm not. I'm afraid, I'm alone. Come home." I whimpered the last part.