Chapter 81 - A Party

Williams Point of View:

It was Sunday night, crap, that means I have school tomorrow. Ugh, I never finished Mrs. Haymers algebra packet. My dad was in Chicago, on business, and my mom should be home in 20 minutes, from work. They were alway gone. My phone buzzed on the table next to me.

(So, I'm on a cruise to the Caribbean!!)

It was Abigail, I knew she was on vacation, but to the Caribbean? Dang it, I want to go on a cruise, I could use a cruise right now.

(Seriously?!)

(Yep. We're having dinner at the Captains table tonight too!)

Lucky ducky

(Well well well, that's exciting.)

(And, I made a friend today.)

(See! I told you you could do it! You just need to start up a conversation! Good job babe!)

I swear, I have the most introverted girlfriend, it's adorable.

(Well, actually I already sorta knew him, and he started the conversation.)

He? Alright, ok, well then. It's not that I'm not ok with her having guy friends, it's just, she doesn't really have good luck with guy friends.

(He?)

(Yes he.)

(What does this 'he' look like?)

(Normal, he looks normal, don't worry we're just friends.)

That's what she thinks. No guy wants to be 'just friends' with someone who looks like my girlfriend.

(Alright, just making sure)

(I should go now, it's getting close to dinner time)

(Bye)

I texted her my goodbye.

(Bye)

I saw her text flash up on my screen as I set the phone back down. It was about 5, I guess I should do Mrs. Haymers homework now.

I was working on my homework, when my phone buzzed again, I picked it up.

(Hey, party at Deans house tonight, his parents are out.)

I groaned.

(Who throws a party on a Sunday night?)

(Like I said, Dean, come on!!)

Yeah, nope. Sunday night party, not my thing,

I had just returned to my homework when my phone rang again. I picked up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, is this William J Hoffman?" A female voice asked.

"Um, yeah, why?" I was a bit nervous, I mean, they don't use your full name unless there's a problem.

"I'm so sorry, but, um, there was an accident on Lafayette and Worth, and, well, your mother died. I'm so sorry, we've already contacted your father, he's on his way back from Chicago..." She kept talking, but I hung up. My mind was absurdly clouded, but I was conscious of the vase that I had just chucked into the wall.

I was on a rampage, screaming, I don't understand why I was angry, but I pretty much wrecked the house before I picked my phone back up, my dad had tried to call, I can't do that right now. I opened my phone and texted my friend.