Chapter 124 - All Day

"Kiddo, wake up." Vanessa shook me awake.

"Morning mom." I yawned, but halfway through my yawn I started hack-coughing.

"Oh, you're definitely still sick." She said.

"I just coughed, I'm sure I'm alright." I said, pulling myself up in bed.

"No sweetheart, you haven't seen yourself. Wait here, I need to get a thermometer, you're sweating." She quickly left my room, rummaged in her bathroom for a minute, then returned with a digital thermometer. "Okay, put this under your tongue." She said, sticking the thermometer in my mouth. "Your dad has rehearsal all day today, and I have court, so you have to go with him. Come here." She got up from where she was sitting on my bed, and grabbed my hand, pulling me behind her as she went into the kitchen. She flipped through her keys, and unlocked the medicine cabinet, pulling out several bags and bottles.

"Mom?" I tried to say while keeping the thermometer under my tongue.

"Hmm?" She turned around, looking at me lovingly. Just as she turned around Lin came into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" He asked, stuffing his laptop in his bag.

"I was getting Abigail medicine, and other stuff for today." She said, sifting through the pile of medication she created on the counter.

"Why is there a stick in her mouth?" He asked again.

"Lin, baby, I love you, that's a thermometer." She said, and just as she did, the thermometer started beeping, indicating that it was done. She immediately turned around and popped it out of my mouth.

"I didn't know we had a thermometer." I heard him mutter to himself, as he put a moleskin notebook in his bag.

"Awe, sweetheart, you're sick." Vanessa said checking it, "102 degrees." She said, setting the thermometer down, and hugging me. "Okay, I'm packing you stuff for the day, cough drops, Advil, ibuprofen, and I'm packing you some food." She shoved all of this into a bag, which she handed to Lin, "and you," she said to Lin, "take good care of her."

"She's my daughter too." He rolled his eyes a little.

"Well, Mr. 'I didn't know we had a thermometer' I was just reminding you."

"Well, you're Mrs. 'I didn't know we had a thermometer'"

"True." She consented.

"Are you okay with that, or are you going to take your insult back?" He asked.

"Well, as long as it's you, I'm happy." She said, smiling at her husband. This very precious married couple moment, was interrupted by Seb crying.

"I'm coming Homeboy." Lin said, rushing off into his room.

"Your dad has a bed in his dressing room, get some sleep." She kissed the top of my head. "I love you, I'll see you after the show." She took Seb from Lin, and put him in the baby carrier. "Wish me luck today!" She called back to the two of us, as she left home.

"Good luck!" Lin yelled. "You ready to go Niñita?" He asked.

"One second." I went back into my room, changed into jeans and Toms, then came back out.

"Awesomeness. Come child." He took my hand and started towards the door, "wear this it's freezing outside." He grabbed his 42nd Street sweater from the doorknob and handed it to me, I slipped it on, it was big on me, but, I was sick, I don't need to look nice.

"You know you're going to have to wash this now." I said, as I stepped out of the apartment.

"Why? Oh, the fever. No biggie." He wrapped his arm around me. "V was in a rush, she probably took the car, which means we're taking the subway." He said, leading my toward the nearest station.