Chapter 84 - Home Again

We were docking back in NY today, I was simultaneously excited, and upset. I didn't want to leave the boat, but I also didn't want to just be on the boat. Because we were docking in New York and not on a Caribbean island, I wore pants, and not shorts. Ugh, I want summer back. Thank goodness I didn't unpack. All my clothes were still in my suitcase, and all I had to do was zip it up. I rolled it out of my room and put it next to the door, neither Lin or Vanessa were here. Oh. Ok. I went back into my room and fell back asleep.

"Hey," I felt someone shaking me, "wake up, it's time to go home." I sat up, and realized Lin was sitting on my bed, shaking me awake.

"Are we home?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're in New York, come on." He tried to pull me up by my arm, but I would have none of it.

"But bed." I said.

"Yes, you have a bed at home." He grabbed my other arm, "now come."

"Ok." I replied, getting up, and following him out of my room.

"When did you pack?" Vanessa asked, referring to my bag by the door, putting the last of her clothes into a suitcase.

"I never unpacked to be quite honest." I laughed a little, grabbing the handle of the rolling suitcase. Lin carried Sebastian and Vanessa carried their suitcase, and I followed the three of them out of the room.

We made it up on the top deck, I saw Hunter standing around, presumably with his parents. I waved a little, and he came over to us.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hi, are you excited to be going home?" I asked.

"Yeah, how about you?" He responded, flipping the question.

"Yep." I smiled, then I felt an arm on my shoulders.

"Good morning." It was Lin, "I don't think I know you. My name's Lin," he extended his hand for Hunter to shake, "and you are?"

"Oh. My name's Hunter Burrell." He responded shaking Lin's hand. "Also, to be honest, I know who you are." He laughed a little. "I saw the show a couple months ago. I won the lottery, it really was amazing." Hunter gushed a bit. "That's where I met her." He gestured to me.

"Well, Hunter Burrell, thank you for coming to see the show, but we really should be going." He steered my away from Hunter via his arm around me shoulders.

"Abigail!" I heard Hunter call, "call me!" As he said this, I felt Lin's slight hold on my left shoulder tighten. I don't think he liked Hunter.

The entire crew was standing next to the the plank to get off the boat, they were a lined up. Per usual, we left first, and for once I didn't feel like it was a punishment, we get to leave first. Yay. We walked down the isle of crew members, finally reaching Captain Jason Woods at the very end, him standing at the beginning of the gangplank.

"Thank you so much for spending the past week with us." Jason said shaking his hand. "And for having dinner with me." He smiled, he shook Sebastian's hand, "especially you little man." I laughed a little, "thank you, have a wonderful day." He said shaking Vanessa's hand, he smiled at me, and kissed my hand, "you as well."

We made it down to the end of the gangplank, and I gasped a little when I saw William standing a little way down holding a bouquet of pink roses. He was obviously really nervous, and was pacing.

"I'll be right back." Lin said, handing Sebastian off to Vanessa, kissing her cheek, then he I saw him run over to my ex-boyfriend. I couldn't hear anything they said, although I saw Lin point to me, then about a minute later point away from the boat, a random spot in Manhattan.