Chapter 138 - AP test

"Okay Peanut, only a couple more." Lin was splayed out on the floor a bucket of gummy bears next to him, I was lying upside down on a black chair, my head hanging off the seat, and my legs over the back. He flipped through my flash cards.

"Wait, what time is it?" I asked, picking my phone up, it was laying on my stomach. "It's 7:20." I said, "we did it." I somewhat cheered.

"Nope, one more flash card, this is a hard one." He smiled, "Alexander Hamilton." He read.

"My Dad!" I yelled throwing a half-eaten red-vine at him.

"Elaborate Mija." He laughed.

"The 10 dollar founding father without a father who got a lot farther by working a lot harder by being a lot smarter by being a self starter!"

"¡Excellente mi hija!" He threw a gummy bear into my mouth.

"I see the studying went well." I heard Vanessa's voice from behind my chair.

"Yep." Lin smiled eating a gummy bear.

"Did either of you sleep?" She asked.

"No." I yelled, kicking my sock enclosed foot into the air.

"Mija, you do realize you're supposed to get a good nights sleep the night before a test, right?" She asked.

"I realize that, but, I knew, like, nothing." I tried to defend myself.

"Okay, just, try not to pass out today sweetheart." She laughed a little. "Either way, you should probably get ready for school."

"Okay Mom." I spun around in my chair, sitting right side up as blood rushed into my face. I got up and went into my room. Once in my room I changed out of my jeans and sweater from yesterday. I pulled a bunch of candy out of my pocket, and threw it away. Most of it was what I was thrown for getting an answer right, I ate some of it, but, I couldn't bring myself to eat all of it. I felt bad, but, I couldn't help it. I changed into a white dress, with printed blue flowers at the bottom. After making my hair and face look somewhat presentable I left my room, and walked into the kitchen.

"Alright. So, first day back in almost 2 weeks." Vanessa was making coffee, "you have all your homework?" She asked.

"Yep. My backpack weighs like 400 pounds, but, that's high school."

"Don't tell your dad, he'll follow you around school all day carrying it for you." She laughed, unlocking the medicine cabinet.

"Yeah, that's pretty accurate." I sat down, at the counter.

"Okay, here are your meds, and some water." She said, placing the two pills in front of me next to a glass of water.

I swallowed the two pills, one for depression, the other for PTSD, then downed the water.

"Atta girl." Lin said, tousling my hair as he walked into the kitchen. "Actually peanut, we should get going, your test starts at 8:00."

"Okay." I sighed, and grabbed my bag, following him out of the apartment and to the car.

He quizzed me for most of the car ride, until he took a right, turning into the parking lot, when I cut him off.

"I'm nervous." I admitted.

"Why? Honey, you studied all night, literally." He said, yawning, "you're going to do great." He said.

"Yeah, it's not just the test." I said, wringing my hands nervously.

"Oh, well, I get that, just know, if something goes wrong, or you need help, or if you're bored, remember you can always call me, or your mom, I mean, she has a client meeting today, so I would suggest trying me first, just, we're here for you peanut." He smiled at me, and I got out of the car