Chapter 176 - Tveit For It

I had another nightmare. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. crying. I hugged a stuffed bear, softly crying into its head. I was sitting crosslegged in bed, I was cold, the light was off. Silent tears rushed down my cheeks, and I didn't bother brushing them away.

I heard my parents soft voices from the room next to mine. I don't know what they were talking about, but, I got up from bed. I walked over to their room, and lightly knocked on their door.

"Honey?" My mom asked, "are you okay?"

"Can I come in?" I asked, my voice wavering.

"Sure Peanut." My dad said. I opened the door, still holding my bear, I softly padded over to their bed. "You okay Mija?" Lin asked.

"I don't know." I whimpered.

"Come here darling." Vanessa said, opening her arms. I came over to her side of the bed, and she pulled me onto the bed, she moved me over to sit by her. She wrapped an arm around me, and I let my head fall onto her shoulder. "Honey what happened? Did you have a bad dream?"

"Mmhm."

"Oh, I'm sorry." My dad said, gently brushing my hair back. "I'm really sorry."

"It's fine, I just, I'm tired." I yawned, and let myself relax into my moms arms.

"Baby, get under the blankets." My dad moved the blankets a little, and moved me until I was curled up under the white and gold comforter.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, snuggling into my moms side

"No, it's fine." She pressed a kiss to my head. "Go to sleep Mijita." She said, her voice soft.

"Goodnight." My heavy eyelids closed, and I fell asleep cuddled into my parents bed.

•••

"Wake up mi Niñita." My dad said, shaking me awake that morning,

"Morning." I pushed myself up a little, "where's Mom?" I asked.

"She left for work, we actually have to as well, Ham4Ham at 12:25." He pointed out.

"Who's coming?" I asked.

"Shh." He pressed his finger to my lips. "Tveit for it Mijita."

"Seriously?" I asked, excitedly.

"Mmhm."

"Dad?" I asked, "can you come over here?" I asked, and he nodded, walking back over to the bed, he sat down in front of me, "turn around." I said, and he gave me a weird look, but complied. I took his hair out of pigtails that he had, then retied both of them into little buns.

"Mija?" He asked, "did you do my hair?"

"Yep." I smiled, and he got up to go look at himself in the bathroom mirror.

"Me gusta." I heard him say, and I laughed, "actually darling, you need to get dressed." He tousled my hair, "we can go get lunch with Aaron Tveit after the Ham4Ham." He offered, as I climbed out of bed.

"Seriously?" I lit up.

"Mmhm, now, go get dressed."

I scurried into my room, and put a swimsuit on, because I usually went up on the roof between shows. Over my swimsuit, I pulled a yellow, strapless sundress on.