Chapter 181 - Still Sick

Lin's POV

Abi and Sebastian were still curled up in bed when I went to bed Monday night. I decided Seb was probably safe with Abigail, and I decided to let them sleep. They were both very sick, and I felt bad. Seb's head was nuzzled into Abi's sweatshirt, and they were both really hot.

It made me happy though, to realize that Abi took care of him today, I took a quick look around her room, several of Sebs books were scattered around along with his trains, with a giant track on the ground. She had an extra blanket pulled over the two of them, and Sebastian was wearing a winter hat. Abi was going to be a good mom if she could take care of a sick little kid while she was throwing up.

"Dad?" I heard her weak voice groan a bit, and I looked down to see her blinking a bit, adjusting to the light.

"Shh." I gently ran my hand down her hair, "go back to bed." I kissed her temple.

"No, what's, what's going on?" She asked, trying to sit up.

"No." I pushed her back into bed, gently. "Sleep, you're sick, go back to bed." I saw her close her eyes, and I smiled, "thanks for taking care of Seb." I whispered.

I left her room flipping the light off on my way out. I went into my own room, to see my wife sitting up in bed, on her phone.

"Hi darling." She smiled at me, and I climbed into bed.

"Did you see the kids?" I asked.

"Mmhm, they're both out. I was going to move Sebastian to his room, but they both looked exhausted, and they were probably going to be just fine in Abi's bed."

"Yeah." I nodded a bit, then laid down in bed, drifting off to sleep, next to my workaholic wife.

•••

"C'mon Buddy," I woke up to hear Abi up, in the kitchen, trying to help Sebastian with something. I sighed, and climbed out of bed. I walked into the kitchen, and Abi was trying to get a crying Seb to drink, she was bouncing him a little, and had her hair tied in a little knot on the back of her head.

"Shh Kiddo." I yawned, and pried my son from her arms, "I've got him." I took his cup from her hands, "back to bed." I instructed.

"It's fine, I can handle it." She protested.

"No, go back to bed." I spun her around and gave her a light push towards her room.

"Night." She yawned, giving in.

"Goodnight." I smiled a little, and saw her drag herself back to bed. I stood in the kitchen, giving Sebastian his 'agua' until he fell asleep. "Hey Bud, how're you holding up?" I asked rhetorically, "did Sissy take good care of you today?" I smiled, walking back into her warm room. I gently set him back in her bed, pulling the blankets up over him. Abigail instinctively rolled over, wrapping him in a hug, still asleep. I smiled a bit, seeing my kids together, then went back to bed myself.

•••

"Lin, Lin wake up." I felt someone shaking me awake, and I opened my eyes to see Vanessa standing by our bed, dressed for work, with a cup of coffee.

"I'm sorry, I was, I was up in the middle of the night." I yawned, "what do you need?"

"Nothing." She smiled.