Chapter 44 - A Hindrance (rewind)

(To clarify... this chapter is my previous chapter told from the alternating point of views of Daveed and Anthony.
Basically if chapter 43 was Helpless, this is Satisfied)

Anthony's POV:
On Tuesday I got a text from I got a text from Lin.

(Hey, so something came up, and can you pick Abigail up from school today? Like, at 4, get there kind of early, get her from her classroom, room 117)

(Yeah. Am I supposed to like, come into her classroom?)

(No, just like wait in the general area until you hear the bell, then go and pick her up. THANK YOU)

"What time are you getting there?" Daveed was reading this over my shoulder, we were at lunch.

"I don't know. Like 3:30-ish. He said early. It might take time to find the class. I don't know. Wanna tag along?"

"Well, I have nothing better to do. So, why not?"

We pulled up in front of her school at 3:27. We awkwardly wandered into the school, and had no idea where anything was.

"Should we ask, like, someone?" I asked Daveed, feeling kind of out of place.

"I wouldn't, from what I've heard, her principal's kind of... Not on her side. Don't think he would take the two of us being here that well."

"You make a good point." I consented. Should we just, like wander?" I asked, kind of at a loss.

"Well, it's on the first floor, that's one thing." We wandered around on the first floor for a couple minutes.

"Ok so how I see it,  odd classrooms are on this side, and even classrooms are on this side." I noted

"That is the stupidest thing!"

"Agree to agree." We started to make our way down the left side of the school, which held the odd number classrooms, looking for room 117. I checked my watch, 3:32. Right as I did this I heard a small, brief yelp like scream.

"You heard that too right?" Daveed turned to me.

"Yeah, weird." Right as he said that we heard something again.

"STOP!" Oh crap that was Abigail.

Daveeds POV:
I ran over to where I heard her voice and saw her pushed up against the wall, oh crap. I ran over to them and pulled the boy off of her.

"Cut it out dude." I told him, as I pulled him off. Anthony ran over to Abigail.

"Hey, dude." The measly little punk decided that he should try and talk. "Have some respect, that's my girlfriend." With that I shoved him into a wall.

"Do you wanna know how I know your lying?" I gave him maybe half a second to answer, he didn't, "alright, well for starters, girlfriends don't yell stop when you kiss them. Secondly, I know her boyfriend and you are not him."

"Alright, superman, this is still none of your business."

"Actually, it is my business, because I have to be here to pick her up from school so that this doesn't happen. It is my business, because I helped take her in, when you decided to treat her like a punching bag. It is my business because she's come home from school with a black eye, I've seen her come home, with Lin carrying her, because she's freaking unconscious. It is my business because I had to bring her food, when she couldn't get out of bed, because of you, on Wednesday. It is my business because I give a crap about her!" I don't think I was finished quite yet, but I paused.

"Hey dude, calm down." What the heck was wrong with this kid?

Anthony's POV:
I stood up from Abigail for a second and walked over to Nick.

"Hey! Where did you put her crutches?"

"He took her crutches?" Daveed turned to me, then back to Nick, "why the heck would you do that?"

"So she couldn't run away," Nick mumbled, "guys bathroom." I grabbed his arm and started pulling him in that direction.

"That is the weirdest place, and dude, have some respect. Did it ever cross your mains that, if you have to take a girls crutches before you do something to her, it's probably best to just let her be?" I yanked him over to the guys bathroom.

"Sorry, but, I don't think you really understand what's going on here."

"Shut up." I walked inside, "where are they?" He walked over to one of the stalls and shimmied on the ground under the stall door, then unlocked it, and emerged with her crutches. "What. On. Earth. Is wrong with you?"

"Nothing. You guys just need to calm down."

"Excuse you. That's not going to happen." I grabbed the crutches and shoved him out of the bathroom. "This isn't something that we should calm down about." I stopped walking and turned towards her. "Leave her alone. Today you got 2 of us, and we didn't even do anything. I'm serious. Don't try anything, or you'll get all of us." We continued walking in silence. "Go back to class!" I told him when we got back. "Here." I handed Abigail her crutches and helped her get back onto them. "Are you sure you'll be alright for the rest of the day?"

"It's just another half hour of algebra. I'll be fine." She smiled a little, "thank you so much. I'm serious. Thank you. I don't know where I would be without you guys."

Daveed and I walked her back to her math classroom and waited there until 4:00, when class ended.

"Kids a punk." Daveed said randomly.

"Agreed."

HI! It's morning. This has become a pattern! Have a nice Saturday everyone!

Thanks for reading!

- Abi