Chapter 112 - Please. Please.

Abi's POV

I woke up to someone's hand on my waist, shaking me awake.

"Lin?" I asked, my eyes fluttering open, "I can get up, if you fireman carry me out to breakfast again, I swear..." I said, recalling all the times Lin carried me out of bed, until I realized that Lin wasn't shaking me awake. "Luke?" I asked.

"Morning princess."

"What are you doing here? Why am I here? Where am I?" I started to sit up, but Luke pushed me back down onto the bed.

"Shut up." He said.

"That was you? You took me? You took me from my parents! Let me go!" I yelled, trying to get out of the bed, but he kept pushing me down. "Please Luke let me go." I whimpered, and looked around, realizing I was in a hotel room.

"I said shut up." He somewhat growled getting onto the bed, over me. "Shut up, it'll be over soon then you'll be out of state and out of everyone's lives." He said, standing up.

"Out of state?" I asked, fear filling my heart.

"I'll get into that later, actually, I'm not supposed to tell you.

"Then who is supposed to tell me?" I retorted.

"Your parents." He said nonchalantly.

"My parents?!" I yelled, and he slapped me across the face.

"Shut. Up."

"Lin and Vanessa okay'd this?" I asked, my heart sinking. "What? How? It was all an act." I whispered to myself.

"No, not them, your real parents." He said, obviously annoyed with this entire situation.

"Laura and Ryan?" The fear instilled in my heart jolted.

"Yeah, they're going to be back in a couple hours to take you back to Oregon, and I'm supposed to watch you."

"What did I do?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"To deserve that. Just let me be happy for once in my life, is that too much to ask of the world?" I snapped, and flopped over in bed, facing the other side.

Lin's POV

The police officer told Vanessa and I to go home, and go to bed, like that was going to happen.

I drove home. Both of us were silent in the car. Terrified. We got home and the both of us sat in Abi's room, on her bed, Vanessa hugging Cookie.

"I'm gonna kill them." I whispered, finally breaking the silence.

"Okay." She said softly, laying down on Abi's bed, I took one look at my dead tired wife, holding our daughters stuffed dog, and lost it. I was in tears as I laid down next to her and hugged her into me. After a while we fell asleep like that, on Abigail's twin bed.

•••

We were both up at 7:00, Vanessa had called my parents and they had taken Sebastian, I hadn't heard from them, and I don't want to know what happened when V called them.

"I made coffee in travel cups, come on." I heard Vanessa in the kitchen, and I was dragging myself out of Abi's room, since she had my backpack, I shoved several pictures of her and some of her clothes into her backpack. I didn't know what police would want. I swung the white backpack over my shoulder, and walked into the kitchen.

"Thank you." I kissed her cheek, "let's go." I said, taking her hand, and pulling her out of the room. We drove down to the police station, not in total silence.

"The Internet is freaking out because you didn't tweet goodnight." Vanessa said, looking at her phone. "Like, they're tweeting to me, asking if you just pulled an all nighter and you're gonna tweet goodnight at like noon."

"I'm so done with social media." I said, taking a sharp left.

"I'm sorry." She said, turning her phone off and laying it in her lap.

"It's fine, I'm just, pissed right now. Freaking. Pissed." I pulled up in front of the station. "I love you." I looked at her, "you know that right? I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. I got out of the car, and hurried inside. I immediately went up to the front desk.

"I'm Lin-Manuel Miranda, I met with an Officer Morales-Brooks last night.

"The abduction." She said, realizing, "yes, he'll be out in just a minute." She said, typing on her computer.

We met with the officer, who was, awesome. There was no condescending tone, no random assumptions, he seemed genuinely concerned about Abigail, and in New York, that's refreshing.

"So, we're going to want this to go on the news, can we use photos from her social media?" He asked, and I nodded, he pulled up a photo of Abigail, with Sebastian asleep on her shoulder, and used it in the report, as it was the clearest photo of her face, and it was clear that she was the victim. "We also sent her photo to every airport in NY. Not the City. They can try to take her through Albany, and they will have her picture. We have an amber alert out, do you have any idea where she would be? Any means of reaching her?"

"I would assume she'd be in a hotel, they would be in a hotel."

"Thank you, we'll start a search. Mr. Miranda, we will get your daughter back."

•••

Thanks for reading!

Good night!

- Abi