Chapter 171 - Shots Out The Grammy

I woke up around noon, when I dragged myself into the kitchen scrolling through the extensive amount of notifications I got on Twitter and every other form of social media I possessed.

"Good morning little one." Lin said, leaning over a cup of coffee.

"Morning dad." I yawned, filling a mug with coffee, I walked back into the living room where I curled up on the couch.

@burningthefandom - @Lin_Manuel @VAMNit, oh gosh you spoil @Abi_Miranda. The little brat.

They attached a picture of me at the Tonys.

@burningthefandom - @Abi_Miranda, how much was that necklace? And the bracelets, and the anklet? And the earrings? And the dress?

I rolled my eyes a little, and decided to just watch the tweets come in.

@linmirandas - @burningthefandom @Abi_Miranda, I'm gonna look everything up, get the price.

I rolled my eyes again, and then I saw Lin reply as well.

@Lin_Manuel - @burningthefandom @Abi_Miranda, yes. @VAMNit and I do spoil our baby. I mean, I, I don't, um, she's cute.

I smiled a little, he obviously cared about me. I sucked it up, and replied.

@Abi_Miranda - burningthefandom Yep. I'm a spoiled little brat. I do not deserve what @Lin_Manuel and @VAMNit give me. I love them.

@linmirandas - Bracelet: $127, anklet: $72, earrings: $68, dress: $674. Total: $941 @Abi_Miranda, @Lin_Manuel, @VAMNit

"Mija?" I heard my dad behind me, I looked up at him, he was holding a mug of coffee.

"Mmhm?" I smiled.

"Nothing, just saying hi." He bent down and kissed my head. "Can I join you?" He asked, and I nodded. "I'm still taking everything in." He admitted sitting down next to me. "I won two Tonys last night."

"I know." I smiled, and I saw him smile back at me, looking like he could start crying any second. "Dad?" I asked, confused.

"I love you." He said, simply.

"Oh. I lo..." He cut me off.

"No. Peanut, I really do love you. I love seeing you drink out of my mugs, and curl up on my couch, and I love watching you become comfortable here, watching you become my daughter. I love you." He finished, reaching over and hugging me, "so so much."

"Dad, I..."

"And that word. I love hearing you call me dad." He gently rubbed my back, "I... I don't know why that makes me so happy, but darling it does." He lightly kissed the top of my head, "do you wanna go get pizza?" He asked.

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"Okay Peanut, go get dressed." He said, detaching from the hug. I hopped up from the couch and hurried into my room, pulling on Waitress t-shirt. As I was leaving my room my phone dinged with a notification, I picked it up and checked.

Lin-Manuel Miranda tweeted:
@Lin_Manuel - @linmirandas My daughter means a lot to me. It was the Tonys. @VAMNit and I dressed her appropriately.

Lin-Manuel Miranda tweeted:
@Lin_Manuel - @Abi_Miranda you deserve everything your mom and I give you. Shhhh lets go get lunch.

I smiled seeing both of those tweets, then left my room to go get lunch with my dad.

•••

The next day Lin and I were walking into the theater, his arm around me, holding me in his usual over protective death grip. We walked through the stage door, him ushering me in before him.