Chapter 189 - Teach 'Em How To Say Goodbye

The West Wing theme song began to play via Alex Lacamoire and the orchestra, I stood with my mom, watching bows. I saw my dad step forward a bit, for his bow, and the cheering echoing from the audience intensified. My moms arm moved from around my waist, so she could clap. She cheered a little, jumping up and down and clapping. I grinned as well, dropping the maroon heels I was holding to applaud my father. Everyone finally was filing off of the stage, I saw my dad kiss Pippas temple, before running over to Vanessa, wrapping his arms around her waist, and spinning her around.

"My girls!" He exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug, as he kissed Vanessa's hair. "V, you're so stunning." He smiled at her, tilting his head slightly, as if he couldn't believe what was in front of him. "Now, would the two of you like to  go and see Fred chop off my ponytail?" He asked.

"Wow you're really ready for that to be gone, huh?" Vanessa asked, slipping her arm around his waist as they walked towards his room. My dad reached behind him and grasped my hand, pulling me along.

"Mmhm." He nodded, "I miss my Usnavi hair." He laughed.

"I do too." My mom said, "but, you know my favorite hair length on you is-"

"Right below my head, lightly curled up at the very end." He cut her off, finishing her sentence. She shook her head lightly, smiling, then kissed his cheek.

"Bingo." She said.

"You look nice, Mija." Lin said, changing the subject. I looked down at my skater length maroon dress. My hair was very lightly curled, and I had a maroon hairband in it.

"Thanks." I smiled, and Lin gently swung my arm as the three of us walked.

"No problem, Peanut." He gave me a smile, as he pushed open the door to his dressing room. "Alright, where are the scissors?" He asked, and Fred, his hairdresser chuckled.

"Okay, not so fast, you need to change, and then we need to wash your hair."

"Ugh. Okay." He groaned a little, pulling his shirt out of the closet. "A, go talk to Rory." He shuffled me out of the room, and I laughed. I walked into Rory's adjoined room.

"Hi sweetheart." Rory smiled at me. He was sitting on his couch. He opened his arms a little, and motioned for me to give him a hug. I smiled a little, and went over and gave him a hug, sitting next to him.

"Hi." I said, hugging him.

"I'm gonna miss you, Kid." He said, "make sure you come and see the show a couple more times, we're all going to miss you." He instructed.

"I'll miss you guys too." I sighed.

"Leaving a show's hard for everyone." He pointed out, then Lin peeked his head into the room.

"Okay Kiddo, the ponytail's coming off." I laughed a little, seeing him in a black smock.

"Awesome." I grinned, hopping up from the couch, coming into his room, I saw my mom sitting on the couch, and I went and, sat next to her.

•••

My dad had short hair for the first time in years. He kept looking at himself in the mirror, smiling.

"Okay handsome," Vanessa laughed, grabbing his arm, and started to pull him towards the door, "you look fabulous, now let's go." She kissed his cheek.

"Okay." He smiled, "come along little one." He beckoned to me, and I giggled, pulling my heels on and rushing after my parents. Lin pulled me into the limo, and I sat across from them. "Okay, we have to talk about this really quickly." Lin bit his lip a little.