Kiji x Reader: Train Ride (part 2!)

•Reader POV•

I stand under the bridge. Nanba Prison on a remote island. The only people who know its destination is the employees. A.K.A guards, supervisors, deputy guards, and others like janitors, doctors, scientists; basically anyone who works at Nanba, lives on the island it's on. Family of employees however, no.

I sigh. I was simply walking around for a bit. Then it started raining. I decided that going under a bridge would be good. It was a rather large bridge. About 20 ft tall.

"There you are." A voice breaks you out of your train of thoughts.

Looking at the owner you smile lightly, "Hey Mitsuba." You then looked away. Too much on you mind right now.

•Kiji POV•

Did she just call me by my last name? It's usually 'hey kiji' or if she's in a really happy mood, 'Hi drag queen.'

She informs me by my last name when she's sad.

"Why haven't you been at work?" I finally ask.

•Reader POV•

"Why haven't you been at work?" He asks me.

I'm silent for a moment before I decide to answer.

"How did you know I was-"

"I spoke with Hajime. He says you haven't came to work for the past four days." There's a moment of silence when he speaks up again.

"Also because you didn't come to visit me in my building like you usually do."

I stand there silently. Is he used to me dropping by to visit him? I mean, I do whenever I can and it's usually after I make my rounds and go on break.

"I see." I say. Kiji begins to walk under the bridge. It was the only place we could go where we won't get totally wet by the rain. We were drenched already but we didn't need to get more soaked.

"Why didn't you tell me? Or at least call in? People worry you know. I worry." He says softly.

I take a glance at him. He stands a few feet away from me.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to think that's all." I look down at the ground.

"Is this about 'that'? On what happened on the train?" He asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Whoever this guy is, he must be stupid to realize that you love him." He speaks low about the man you have a crush on.

'Idiot.' You smile lightly.

•Flash Back•

"Drag Queen!" You yell as you burst through his door to his office.

"Enough with that nickname!" He yells at you.

"Hehe, sorry. Anyway just dropped by to see how your doing." You waddled over to his desk.

"I'm doing fine. I'm almost done my paper work so that's good." He says as he continues his work.

"I see." You nod. You then look at the bottom of his desk. There, sitting right by the desk leg closest to you, is a little present. It's bright pink wrapping paper, with a teal ribbon, lays there with some dust on it. You left it there awhile ago. He still has yet to find it.

"Hey! Take a break! Let's go have lunch!" You say as you try to pull him away from his desk.

"I have to finish these darling." He says as he pulls his arm away from your grasp and works on his paper work, once again.

"If you come have lunch with me, I'll help you with it." You spoke up.

"Really?" He asks as he turns to you.

You smile. "Of course Kiji!"

•End Of Flash Back•

'It's funny. He talking trash about himself.' I thought with an amused little smile.

"Kiji?" I ask.

"Yes?" He replies.

"Do you...do you think he will ever love me?" It's silent.

"I don't know darling. Depends on how you feel and how he feels." He replies after a long while.

"How I feel?" You question.

"Yes. When you love someone, you gotta ask yourself if you really do love them romantically. Sometimes people think of it as a feeling. Like they feel like they love you. But then they realize that it was just a feeling. Not a sensation." I nod. Makes sense.

Feeling love for family and friends is different from feeling love for someone romantically. Like Kiji said. When you truly love someone romantically, it's like a sensation.

•Kiji POV•

A moment of silence. The only thing heard is the rain, pouring down from the sky. My makeup is running. Damn this rain. And on top of it it just worsened my mood.

'She loves another. It's not me. I wish I was the one she thought about.' I thought with a heavy heart.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to hate her. I want to cry because she doesn't love me. I want to scream because it hurts. I want to hate her but I can't because I'm in love with her.

"Kiji?" Her soft voice spoke.

"What is it Darling?" I ask her gently. I take a look at her and see her standing there, facing me. Only a few feet away.

"I love you." She smiles softly. I gasp lightly.

She...loves me?

"Y-you do?" I ask.

"Yeah. For awhile I have." She smiles sadly. Wait? Awhile? Realization hits me.

Her pet names for me, the smile she only showed for me, helping me with paper work, being by my side. Wanting only the two of us being together when we go out for lunch. That was her way of asking to go on a date. She's loved me all along. And I didn't even notice.

"(Y/n)...I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't notice." I said.

"It's okay. I can't blame you. Your perfect. It's me who's a mess." She smiles. It's a sad smile though.
I'm about to speak when she beats me to it.

"Kiji. I have to ask one selfish request from you."

(I'll update part 3 later! I go to school in about an hour and I usually listen to music or watch Nanbaka before I go to school XD I'll update after school! See ya in a few hours!)