Upa x Reader: Master....Notice me! Pt.3

"I love you." Upa says quietly as he closes his eyes.

You continue to stare at the young boy. The stare never leaving your face. Upa was scared. Not because of embarrassment and possible rejection, but because that look on your face make him even more afraid. You we're just so hard to read.

"No.58...." You sigh as you inch between your eyebrows.

Upa flinched, preparing for rejection.

"Listen. I think it's sweet that you feel that way for me but I'm a guard. I'm also older than you by a good 10 years or so." You speak each word carefully. How were you supposed to let a kid down with rejection?

"I know but-" Upa gets cut off.

"Hey! Let's go. Our reservations aren't gonna wait forever." Samon calls.

"Wait....what's happening?" Upa asks, eyes widening.

"....I'm going on my lunch break with Samon." You spoke.

"Are you together!?" Upa immediately asks. Your eyes widen slightly.

"No of course not. I do have standards." You spoke with a light chuckle.

Upa felt his heart flutter. You never really show that you're.....human. So seeing you do humanity things is honestly amazing. Your someone that shows very few emotions so, him getting to see you like this, is honestly amazing for him.

"Then why are you going to have lunch with him?" Upa asks through gritted teeth.

"He needs some help with his love for Hajime so we usually hang out at lunch to talk about it." You spoke.

"Samon and...Hajime?" Upas questions for you turned into another direction.

"Yeah. Anyways, I'm sorry but-" Before should can let him down, he interrupts you.

"Have lunch with me." Upa grabs onto your sleeve.

You raise an eyebrow at him.

"Ditch Samon and eat lunch with me." Upa pleads.

"I have my guard duties to do." You turn away and put a hand on your hip.

Upa looks down.

"But I could accompany you during dinner tonight." You looked over your shoulder in time to see Upa look up at you.

"Promise?" He asks.

"Yeah." You pat his head. You then walk off to Samon.

"Wait!" Upa calls. You stop and turn towards him.

"Wait for me! When I get older wait for me okay!" Upa says.

For once in a very long while, you smiled.

"Sure." You nod and walk off.

"One day I'll make you my wife." Upa says to himself. Qi and Liang heard though and smiled.

"How much longer do you think he'll last before he starts complaining that he's not old enough to date her yet?" Qi asks.

"Is give him till after lunch." Liang shrugged.