Heavy

A/n okay so this is not like some of my recent stories where it was backed off of something; this is my own idea like the Tartarus champion story and my Chaos stories. Just any chapter with a author's note is one of my own. Others are mostly my own but are based off of something else; which I count as a slight copy of head cannons I find on Pinterest. But for this story; it's something I thought of when I was sitting at my friends house, watching Power Rangers Super Samurai (EveCrowther ). We were watching the episodes of where Jayden leaves and his team tries to make him come back, and never give up on him. I am not telling you how this story will go but it is based on how Jayden felt about his friends and how it pained him to leave.

Mystery POV
I sighed as I jump onto a roof thats 6 feet away from the building I was just standing on.
I landed gracefully and quietly in the loud streets of New York.
I looked at the view of the big Apple, wind making my shaggy hair move.
I love this; the peaceful live.
I can't remember when was the last time it was this peaceful;
Heck, I can't even remember if I had a proper family.
Ever since I moved my day as been always the same I have lost sight of my old life.
Good.

I straightened up my dark blue jacket and noticed my black shoelace on my black Nikes I stole are worn out, only a couple of threads keeping it together.
I groaned.
"Great; another trip to the shop to steal" I muttered.
I sat on the air conditioner vent and looked at the cars stuck in the traffic; everyone at lest yelling to hooting at each other.
I didn't really like stealing but that's what it takes to survive on the streets.
I started humming a song I can't even remember the name of and how it had anything to do with me.
I got my pocket knife out and opened it, the silver blade shines in the city lights, almost making me go into a deep trance of thought...
Almost.

"I don't like my mind right now" I sung with my deep voice "Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary"
I sighed but then realised that it was the song I was humming before.
"Wish that I could slow things down
I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything's about me
Yeah, I drive myself crazy
'Cause I can't escape the gravity

I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy?
Holding on
So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on
Why is everything so heavy?"

I sighed as I looked at the half moon and saw how it glowed in the dark cloudiness night sky.
But for some reason the moon is calling out to me, like the sea does.
Sometimes even the winds and plants call to me.
Saying I should come back to home.
I mean, I've never had a true home;
That I remember anyway.
If I did remember it must have been bad for me to forget.
I think its me being delusional after being on my own for a long time.

"Percy"
I whipped my head around to see a short older women with brown hair staring at me wide eyed.
I crunched my eyebrows in confusion.
"Sorry, I thought you were..." she whispered, tears falling down her face.
She stepped towards me, making me jump off the vent.
I shook my head.
"Who are you?" I asked.
She stopped and looked disappointed.
"Those gods must have done something to trick me-"
I raised my pocket knife at her.
"And I ask you again; who are you?" I said sternly.
She flinched when she saw the knife.
I mean, it wasn't the best weapon I've had but its the only thing now.
I had a 3 foot sword but I left it somewhere.
It sounds strange but it didn't return to me like when it miraculously would.

"My name is Sally Jackson; have you seen my son? He has been missing for 7 years and he doesn't really look like you; black hair, tanned skin and he has sea-green eyes. You have olive skin, brown eyes, brown hair and you have a short stubble" Sally ranted.
"I have not seen your son around this part of the city, but I will keep an eye out for...Percy right?" I asked wearily.
She nodded.
"Thank you...how will I be able to contact you?" She asked.
I smiled and took out my iPhone 7 I totally didn't steal...
I tapped the home button for it to reveal a picture of me at the sea, with one of my only friends.
I smiled as I opened the phone.
"Even easier; Can I have your phone? So I can put my number in" I said, making her confused.
"Doesn't technology attract monsters?" She asked, giving me her iPhone 5
"If you mean monsters as people stealing stuff then yes" I said, grabbing the phone and typing the number in "Also; I've added myself to 'find my friend' so when I'm ever in trouble, which is a lot, you can help me"
I gave her back her phone.
"What is your name?" She asked.
"Silly me; I totally forgot to introduce myself; my name is Nerio Di Angelo"
She looked surprised at my name.
"Intresting; Water in Italian and that last name...I know a Di Angelo" she said.
I laughed.
"Yeah, my cousin, who you might know Nico, thinks its funny because Nerio is the Italian form of the Greek name Nereus and he's part Italian and part Greek" I said, "He's like the only family I have"
She sighed sadly.
"Thank you" she whispered "I hope to see you soon"
And she disappeared.