Treat You Better - High School Story

A/N this story was suggested by @Travel_to_desire. This story is away from the Greek world and more in the modern high school, where a nerdy Annabeth and musician Percy are best friends and Annabeth's boyfriend is a jock named Luke. However, Luke is abusing her and when Percy found out, he wanted to do everything he could to save his friend...including writing a song for her.

Before I start I will say any song which is mentioned in this chapter belongs to an amazing, talented artist.

Percy's POV

'I've seen marks on her arms Perce, he's hurting her' 

Grover's words echoed my head, filling me with anger.

How dare that jock hurt her?

My best friend?!?

"Perce, don't do anything stupid" Grover said as I glared at Annabeth's boyfriend, Luke across the room.

"But he-"

"It's only a theory Percy, don't-"

I looked at Grover.

"You told me that he is! You must have seen them" I said.

Grover looked down.

"Percy, Annabeth is a strong girl, stronger than you think...she'll be fine, she knows what she's doing" Grover said, putting his hand on my shoulder "She will tell you when she's ready"

I sighed.

"I know but I can't just stand by and watch my best friend go through this" I said.

"You mean girlfriend"

I blushed, my crush on my best friend is almost forgettable know since she has a..boyfriend.

"Grover I swear-"

"What's going on?"

I snapped my head to see Annabeth, grinning.

I narrowed my eyes and noticed the strain in her smile...her eyes sparkling with tears.

"Grover's being annoying, thats all" I said "How's you and your lover going?"

She chuckled nervously.

"Great" she said, not convincing me nor Grover.

I noticed Luke glaring at me in the distance.

"Would you at lest tell him to stop glaring at me? It's making me uncomfortable" I said "You're not his property, you're aloud to have guy friends"

She sighed.

"It's hard with Luke, it's hard to explain" She replied.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine Percy, I don't know what you're talking about" she answered.

For a couple of seconds she convinced me.

And then I noticed a red mark from under her long sleeves.

"Something's up, my best friend radar is on; Grover, distract now" I said sternly.

Grover groaned but walked over to Luke.

"Percy, what are you-"

"Follow me" I said and gently nudging her.

"Percy-"

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Yes" Annabeth said straight away.